PDA

View Full Version : Dare to Dream

IBO
02-11-2004, 04:50 AM
I noticed a thread for dream jobs, it was somewhat interesting. However, I

would be more interested in knowing, what your dreams for life are? What

motivates you to accomplish goals? What are you ultimately striving for?
________
Plymouth Cabana (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Plymouth_Cabana)

Renegade
02-11-2004, 04:56 AM
The iPod motivates me to do my homework. Ultimately, I don't know what I'm striving for. I try to focus on short-term goals.

bob
02-11-2004, 05:31 AM
i don't really have any plans for the future. i'm one of those hopeless souls who just goes along deciding along the way.

although i guess my general aim in life is to lead a comfortable middle-class existence. let's see how that goes...

DragonRat
02-11-2004, 06:46 AM
A high school teacher (possibly English or Biology/Chemistry) who teaches kids, because he loves it, and has the chance to go bowling every week with the fellas. It's a middle-class existence, but it's something that would have me in no real bind at all.

deviljet88
02-11-2004, 08:23 AM
My dream for my life is to attain my dream job. Refer to the other thread. However, being middle-class doesn't sound bad, and I don't have to do much besides not flunking school totally.

Liam
02-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Dream for life?

Get away from home, get established overseas, finish my degree, win lotto, buy Spitfire.

All achievable.

deviljet88
02-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Achievable, but unlikely. Unless you rig the lottery. Is dreaming of having the power to rig the lottery a good dream?

Glare
02-11-2004, 10:21 AM
To have sexual intercourse with as many female members on this board as possible. :icon_popc

deviljet88
02-11-2004, 11:06 AM
At the current rate: 1.
Lucky that's not my dream, so unachievable.

duckula
02-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Enlightenment, or biscuits.

Narg
02-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Get a better job, a silvia, a new pc.

Spire
02-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Get a paying job in video games.

And maybe some other things involving Keira, Natalie Portman and Kate Beckinsale all covered in honey.

PhoeniX
02-11-2004, 07:31 PM
To complete school without any obsticles

Kelsey
02-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Go to college and then possibly grad school; learn as many languages as I can (3 down, working on my fourth); have kids and a serious relationship; live in a huge apartment in Paris with views of the Eiffel Tower; have a home in the Azores in Portugal and Los Angeles; and have a job where I can travel, work my own hours, work from my car or private plane, and most importantly, be there for my family.

Richard
02-11-2004, 08:52 PM
A high school teacher (possibly English or Biology/Chemistry) who teaches kids, because he loves it, and has the chance to go bowling every week with the fellas. It's a middle-class existence, but it's something that would have me in no real bind at all.

You got all that from Boston Public. :) I could have swore they said something about Bowling every week. But no, I respect teachers. So good dream I say.

My aspiration in life is to beat Roger Ebert's 8,000 film count. I'm serious.

bob
03-11-2004, 01:04 AM
i respect teachers, too bad society doesn't do the same. teachers are so underappreciated by the general public. without providing incentives for people to go into teaching (ie - better salary) then you end up with lower demand for the course, translating into lower uai-cutoffs, translating into dumbasses becoming teachers. and then there's an even greater loss of respect.

same goes with nursing. teachers and nurses, how could you NOT respect their roles in society? they're important!

stupid howard government.

IBO
03-11-2004, 04:13 AM
It???s good to see that people are setting goals and having dreams. Bob I hope you can begin setting goals for yourself. Discover something that you truly enjoy and be the best at it. I greatly value teachers, they are the most generous and genuine people. Always accept there wealth of knowledge and experience.
________
WHOLESALE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)

Bait
03-11-2004, 04:29 AM
my main goal right now is to get into either duke university, occidental or UC santa barbara...after that i hope to get into UOP for pharmacy...and then pass the test to become a pharmacist and then refer to the other thread...and after all that i'll have my pagani c12/porsche gt (either one will be fine) and shelby 427 and a nice cabin in tahoe and a house in so cal :)

if i fail at that...i guess i'll look for a decent job to get by until i die?

seitanic
03-11-2004, 05:13 AM
propagate my seed.

in all seriousness I hope to do well at UCSD when I transfer there next fall and hopefully go on to a decent grad school. That's about it, I've never really had any grand long-term goals.

Hazzle
05-11-2004, 12:03 AM
To make an intelligent post...oh wait...I already SAID that.

deviljet88
05-11-2004, 08:50 AM
To make posts not sound like spam... oh wait... I already DID that. Did I?

Hazzle
05-11-2004, 07:35 PM
To make posts not sound like spam... oh wait... I already DID that. Did I?

Spam is good...embrace the spam.

Anyway...what good's dreaming? Martin Luther King Jr and he ended up shot...nahh...I'll stick to being a cynic that doesn't dream...thanks :p

bob
06-11-2004, 05:35 AM
wait, i DO have a life goal.

once i get a house (once i get a nice house) i plant to turn one of the rooms into a home entertainment heaven. there's gonna be a strict focus on comfort and ergonomics (maybe even feng shui) all i know is that it's gonna have everything i want.

ryan
06-11-2004, 05:52 AM
I noticed a thread for dream jobs, it was somewhat interesting. However, I

would be more interested in knowing, what your dreams for life are? What

motivates you to accomplish goals? What are you ultimately striving for?

"knowing a dream won't come true...that makes you smart."

- variation of an OC quote from season 1, episode 1.

IBO
06-11-2004, 08:09 PM
Dream : a strongly desired goal or purpose.

Who says it can't come true?
________
18HotG4ASS (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/18HotG4ASS/)

Hazzle
07-11-2004, 01:34 AM
Dream : a strongly desired goal or purpose.

Who says it can't come true?

I do.

Scott
07-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Be in the top 10 for next years AFL draft

Jacoby
07-11-2004, 01:53 AM
Be in the top 10 for next years AFL draft

Beat him for spot number 10 in next years AFL draft.

bob
07-11-2004, 01:55 AM
i think the two of you are talking about two different AFL leagues.

Jacoby
07-11-2004, 02:05 AM
i think the two of you are talking about two different AFL leagues.

No. We're not.

Hazzle
07-11-2004, 02:11 AM
No. We're not.

Yes you are. Now shut up. So says your British overlord (yeah, we're taking your godforesaken country back).

Jacoby
07-11-2004, 02:15 AM
Yes you are. Now shut up. So says your British overlord (yeah, we're taking your godforesaken country back).

What the fuck... I'm assuming he meant the Australian Football League, and I was saying my dream is to beat him out of spot number ten. So, in all actuality, it doesn't matter what he meant. Jesus Christ (and don't say anything about you being Christ or God or anything. Not laughing.)

Hazzle
07-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Chiiiiiiill my friend. I was messing with ya. On topic...dreaming...it's wrong. Says I. Fuck off.

bob
07-11-2004, 02:23 AM
jacob - American Football League
scott - Australian Football League

jacob - safety padding and lots of men piling on top of each other
scott - running and bouncing a football while other men try to grab you

jacob, odd joke.

Jacoby
07-11-2004, 02:27 AM
jacob - American Football League
scott - Australian Football League

jacob - safety padding and lots of men piling on top of each other
scott - running and bouncing a football while other men try to grab you

jacob, odd joke.

I know the difference between american football, and football in other places. But you understand that. So I'm going to stop writing. I was saying my dream is to crush his dream. Mmm. Berries.

Chiiiiiiill my friend. I was messing with ya.

Heh.

Hazzle
07-11-2004, 02:28 AM
You two...stop it...go and make up and make out...it's so much more fun :D

bob
07-11-2004, 02:46 AM
damn jacoby, now i want berries.

i have another goal, to actually start studying for my last exam before the night before.

Scott
11-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Does anyone here play AFL, and if so, what position? I play midfield or half foward flanks.

Pygmalion
11-11-2004, 12:55 AM
My goal, is to spend the four months between school and university drunk so I don't have to think about anything.
After that...I'll go to uni, get drunk and smoke weed until my 4 year course is finished, then.....I'll.....need a new liver probably.

Scott
11-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Why bother going to Uni then? Become a labourer.

Pygmalion
13-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Good point...