PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys remember those Turtles?

Boyscout
30-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Could you please tell me the names of them in English?
I remember the blue one is Da Vinci. Is it correct?

Renegade
30-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Leonardo= blue
Raphael= red
Michelangelo= orange
Donatello= purple

And to try and steer this into the direction of discussion, Raphael was the rebel with those dagger things if I remember correctly. Leonardo was the leader with his 2 swords. Michelangelo was the comic with nunchucks(sp?). I forgot what Dontalello's personality was like but he had that wooden stick.

Personally, I liked Raphael cus he was more daring and rebellious. Plus, the red headband beats out the purple one hands down.

Boyscout
30-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Thanks a million!
Donatello is good at inventing something. But could anybody tell me if there was anyone called Donatello on history? You see the other three's names are from real people.

deviljet88
30-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Like the others (not sure about Raphael), Donatello was an artist, in his case a sculptor. For more info: http://www.yesnet.yk.ca/schools/projects/renaissance/donatello.html

PhoeniX
30-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Weren't they Hero Turtles?

Timmy
30-10-2004, 09:35 AM
these guys rocked, i can't remember who Donatello was in history, i'm sure he was an artist or something.

What does everyone think about the newest series? I think it's great, but anything without that stupid wart hog and rhino in it is fine by me......and that stupid braing thing in the big robot thinger......i hated those guys.....TURTLES RULE!

Sarah
30-10-2004, 11:24 AM
I used to have a crush on one of the Turtles. How fucked up is that?

Mandy
30-10-2004, 12:47 PM
It's ok Sarah, Beastality is underrated.

bob
30-10-2004, 01:44 PM
i LOVE the turtles. they were my thing right after superman and just before batman. *sigh* the memories. they're quite possibly my earliest memory of non-educational kids programs. i remember the first time i saw them they were jumping down from a building and i thought they were monsters. and i can still remember vividly the opening sequence of the boy who drops his fish bowl and the pet turtles fall through the grate and land in toxic waste and are saved by splinter (in human form) who picks them up and trains them. and splinter ended up a rat cos he and a rat stepped into the toxic waste at the same time.

leonardo - blue leader with the swords. he was very scott summers, or at least, i always got the impression he was one of those righteous leader types. but he's a lot more fun than cyclops.
donatello - purple with the wooden sticks. he was the smart intelligent one always into tinkering with machinery and etc. he was the family favourite (cos he was smart) but my sister particularly liked him cos he was purple. very hank mccoy.
michaelangelo - my favourite. orange with nunchucks ('nun' chucks?) always cracking the jokes, always ordering the pizza, always going "NO anchovies!" i loved him.
raphael - poor raphael, always the forgotten one. he was red with sais (which i referred to as 'forks') he was the 'ordinary' guy, the most relatable one because he wasn't a the leader, wasn't the genius, nor was he the joker. people tend to remember him for his sais, but they never remember him for his personality.

deviljet88
30-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Raphael had a rash personality didn't he? I liked him the most just because he had twin sais :) Heh forks, how cute :P

Narg
30-10-2004, 02:10 PM
bebop and rocksteady kicked ass.

bob
30-10-2004, 02:20 PM
raphael might have been a bit of a rebel, but i always thought it was just because he was the least superhero-y out of all of them. they all seemed to be comfortable in their roles, despite the fact that they were abominations. raphael seemed more wordly, like he wanted to exist in the world rather than under it.

was it raphael that got totally slaughtered by 'the foot' and then crashed through the ceiling of rachel's apartment? (was it rachel's apartment?) i haven't seen the movie in at least 10 yrs. i remember he was always going off by himself to be alone, in his trenchcoat and hat.

deviljet88
30-10-2004, 02:41 PM
The movie? I've only seen the cartoons lol. He did always go off on his own though, and haha, he sucked trying to fight by himself, they always made funny scenes where he would be smashed or go crashing all over the place :)

Richard
30-10-2004, 03:00 PM
The cartoons were the best. The movies are kind of hookay now.

I can't believe I once laughed at Michaelangelo.

bob
30-10-2004, 03:23 PM
the only good movie was the first one. everything after that was camp bullshit (especially the live-action tv series - damn that was some serious bullshit)

the original cartoon series kicked ass. and shredder in the first movie had really mean looking wrist guards.

Narg
30-10-2004, 03:27 PM
the first movie pwned all, i still like it.

bob
30-10-2004, 03:31 PM
they need to release it on dvd (i'd so totally buy it) :D i've been looking to rent the video but i can only find 2 and 3.

Renegade
30-10-2004, 03:48 PM
they need to release it on dvd (i'd so totally buy it) :D i've been looking to rent the video but i can only find 2 and 3.

It is on dvd. My friend has it but it's in one those cheap paper cases. I remember the first time I saw the movie. I was scared of the movie turtles because they looked freakishly weirder than they did in the original cartoon. I haven't got around to watching the new version yet.

barrington
30-10-2004, 03:50 PM
It was marketing genius.
Absolutely EVERYONE started eating pizza around the time Turtles came out. hrrrm.
Pizza Hut made a fortune.

bob
30-10-2004, 03:54 PM
in all honesty, every time i eat a pizza i think of tmnt.

It is on dvd. My friend has it but it's in one those cheap paper cases.
that just isn't good enough. they need a big commercial release with a special edition cover and tmnt coin plus free t-shirts with every copy, damnit!

Hazzle
30-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Personally, I liked Raphael cus he was more daring and rebellious. Plus, the red headband beats out the purple one hands down.

Arrr...a man after my own heart. Raph RULED.

I'm offended Bob. You made all those comparisons to the X-men and missed the obvious point that Raph was soooo like Wolverine. I mean it's no surprise my favourite Turtle was Raph, my favourite X-man was Wolverine, and I, personally, have always rebelled against authority (yeah, I bet that's a shock to the lot of you :p).

Timmy
30-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Leo was my favourite, his swords owned, but raph and mikey were definatly the best

Sarah
30-10-2004, 10:56 PM
I liked Splinter

Ashlyn
31-10-2004, 12:27 AM
I liked Michelangelo and Donatello because they were the best colours. I remember at some stage the take-away pizza boxes had Ninja Turtles on them.

bob
31-10-2004, 03:09 AM
I'm offended Bob. You made all those comparisons to the X-men and missed the obvious point that Raph was soooo like Wolverine. I mean it's no surprise my favourite Turtle was Raph, my favourite X-man was Wolverine, and I, personally, have always rebelled against authority (yeah, I bet that's a shock to the lot of you :p).
yeah but see, raph and wolverine are similar in the sense that they're loners. but other than that, wolverine's far more detached than raphael. by a longshot.

i was too young to actually relate to raphael in any way. i was always looking for the comic relief, which was michelangelo. jokes and asskicking = legend. like gambit :)

blackdragon
31-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Yes it was Raph who got the beatting of his life in the first movie. Personnaly I prefered the second movie for one reason... cuter girl ;) But if I'm not wrong (i may be) I think they were eating Domino's pizza (the one with almost no toping - like Pizza Hutt anyway)
And to keep on the good line, my favorite was Splinter, the wise one.. reminded me of Yoda.

Hazzle
01-11-2004, 12:36 AM
yeah but see, raph and wolverine are similar in the sense that they're loners. but other than that, wolverine's far more detached than raphael. by a longshot.

True story. And I associated with both on the basis of the loner thing too...was like kindred spirits.

Splinter was cool...Splinter was like Prof X, Yoda...all the similar figures who keep the young reckless ones in order.

bob
01-11-2004, 02:16 AM
i remember when april's colleague's ragamuffin son found splinter chained up in the foot headquarters (i think the kid was called 'daniel') and splinter talks to him. he doesn't give a lecture and yet he still makes the kid feel friggen guilty. go splinter.

but i remember thinking human splinter was such a friggen push-over.

Boyscout
04-11-2004, 03:58 AM
Could anyone send a copy of the lirics of the theme song? I would be very grateful to the one.

deviljet88
04-11-2004, 06:33 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Heroes in a half-shell
Turtle power!

They're the world's most fearsome fighting team (We're really hip!)
They're heroes in a half-shell and they're green (Hey - get a grip!)
When the evil Shredder attacks
These Turtle boys don't cut him no slack!

Splinter taught them to be ninja teens (He's a radical rat!)
Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!)
Raphael is cool but crude (Gimme a break!)
Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!)

Heroes in a half shell
Turtle power!

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/theme.htm

No, I used google...

Hazzle
05-11-2004, 12:01 AM
No, I used google...

So he claims...

deviljet88
05-11-2004, 08:51 AM
So he claims...
I don't need another issue where I'm branded as some little kid :P

Hazzle
05-11-2004, 07:40 PM
I don't need another issue where I'm branded as some little kid :P

Says the 14 year old who looks like he's half that...

On topic...Raphael was actually the youngest of the four artists they were named after...and yet I SWEAR Michelangelo is the youngest of the turtles...he certainly was the most immature...hmm...anyone know why that is? Or am I wrong in thinking Mich was the youngest?

NearokA
07-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Don't you remember Vanilla Ice?

Go ninja go ninja gogo! I believe it was April O Neil. Rachel? wtf! I always did like Raphael, only because my favorite color was red at the time.

And you know the fav Xmen character? Jean Grey! Hot lookin' red heads are such a rarity these days. Mmmm. Or mystique, tee hee. You can have sex with a different woman everyday of the week! O yeeeaah!

Jacoby
07-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Don't you remember Vanilla Ice?

Go ninja go ninja gogo! I believe it was April O Neil. Rachel? wtf! I always did like Raphael, only because my favorite color was red at the time.

And you know the fav Xmen character? Jean Grey! Hot lookin' red heads are such a rarity these days. Mmmm. Or mystique, tee hee. You can have sex with a different woman everyday of the week! O yeeeaah!

What the fuck are you on?

Anyway, I completely agree with everything you've just said.

bob
07-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Mmmm. Or mystique, tee hee. You can have sex with a different woman everyday of the week! O yeeeaah!
or a man. mystique had a long-term serious relationship with another woman.

and yet I SWEAR Michelangelo is the youngest of the turtles...he certainly was the most immature
perhaps you got that impression BECAUSE of his immaturity? gotta love those turtles...

Hazzle
07-11-2004, 02:05 AM
Jean Grey was hot...but c'mon dude...we're men in our 20's...stop thinking about comic/cartoon characters that way...it's so wrong...

perhaps you got that impression BECAUSE of his immaturity? gotta love those turtles...

Maybe. So was Raph the youngest then?

bob
07-11-2004, 03:26 AM
i thought they were all the same age. like i dunno... maybe they were all from the same... pack? kind of? cos when you see them in the fish bowl they're all just little turtles.

and i always thought april was a bit of a prude, but i think that had to do with her bright yellow suit with the padded shoulders ('twas the style at the time)

Hazzle
08-11-2004, 02:17 AM
i thought they were all the same age. like i dunno... maybe they were all from the same... pack? kind of? cos when you see them in the fish bowl they're all just little turtles.

Ahh...good point. My mistake. Same age it is. And I think April was meant to be a prude too Bob :D

NearokA
08-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Dude, who the fuck cares about a bunch of green turtles? lol.

It's the ooze man! THe secret of the ooze!!!

bob
08-11-2004, 08:45 PM
it was merely radioactive toxic waste. it's always radioactive material of some kind. not that big a deal.

NearokA
09-11-2004, 05:28 AM
No no no!!

It's got secret nano particulates that makes giant-sized talking turtles and the supa Shredder. Bwhahaha! Merely radioactive? Don't you know that radiation in large quantites kill you? :p

Or maybe it's secret essence. Something that just looks like green ooze, but in actuallity, the ooze holds the secret of life!

bob
12-11-2004, 11:18 AM
shredder never got doused in radioactive waster. shredder's just an evil martial arts guy with cool armour, no morals, and a penchant for petty theft.