PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Nation...Representin'

hasselbrad
28-10-2004, 07:43 PM
It sure is refreshing to see all of the Red Sox fans representing their team. You know, all the true fans with their brand new, unbent caps and Red Sox jerseys with the creases still in them.
Poseurs.
I counted 8 Red Sox caps at the mall.
I wonder if there's still any room on the bandwagon. :p

Louie
28-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Yeah all of a sudden everyone at school has T-Shirts and hats of Boston. Weird.........

Renegade
29-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Good for them. Well, Pedro is a free agent now. Hopefully the Yankees sign him. Oh how I love the controversy. I'd never jump atop the Boston bandwagon, whether it be the Red Sox or Patriots. Curse those who do. (Ang3L5 4 Lyfe)

Ashley
29-10-2004, 05:32 AM
You know, I've been called a bandwagoner, simply because I'm from Kansas, somehow that makes it impossible that I could be a big Red Sox fan.... screw them. Anyway, a little venting there. Truth be told, that was one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed, I wish I would have taken off school and paid the $600 to go to the game, a short 3-4 hour drive away.
I describe the emotions I felt as "a half a step down from seeing KU go to the Championship game in basketball"
I'm already preparing a trip to Chicago next year to see them play the Cubbies, and also am grabbing some tickets when they come to KC, and possibly (if economically possible) a trip to Beantown to go to the Mecca that is Fenway.
Oh how I love those idiots!

deviljet88
29-10-2004, 06:04 AM
Meh, the only difference about this World Series is because of some "curse". Glad baseball won't be featuring on Australian TV for a very, very long time now. Good for those bandwagonners. I laugh at their patheticness.

hasselbrad
29-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Ashley,
I was making a general comment about the bandwagon jumpers I saw in the mall. Of all the Red Sox caps I saw, only one looked like he'd had it since before he'd entered the mall. He had an old, greasy cap.
I'm happy they won. I'm glad I got to witness history.
I just thought it was kind of comical seeing everyone with their brand new gear.

Ashley
01-11-2004, 08:01 AM
I'm aware of the generality of your comment. I was just makinga comment to vent a bit. Why is it that someone is automatically supposed to go for the team from the same state... or the closest team? Like around here everyone is supposed to go for the Royals, and the Chiefs. Which I'm a big Chiefs fan but the Royals... come on.

Mandy
01-11-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm from Kansas, but I still like KU because they're kickass. :D

Liam
01-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Up the Dockers.

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Meh you poof, go the Bombers!

Liam
01-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Pah, the Dockers will win it next year. Its about fucking time :p

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:03 AM
I so do not hope a team from outside Victoria wins the Premiership again. Its time the Bombers, winners of the 1999 and 2000 premierships, to come and restore Victoria's glory in the sport.

Liam
01-11-2004, 09:04 AM
I laugh in the face of your double sized roads and inefficient tram network.

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:04 AM
I laugh at your so called "trams" which only has 6 stops.

Liam
01-11-2004, 09:07 AM
I laugh at your lack of a monorail, efficient bus or train service and general lack of sporting talent.

I do applaud your blind patriotism though. It takes a special kind of person to feel so strongly about such a crap state.

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Pfft, you're from New South Wales and you're going for the Dockers, from Western Australia. You're a disgrace to your state.

Liam
01-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Western Australia need a positive force, such as myself, to cheer for them. I'd cheer for Victoria, but...you know.

Sydney however cheers for itself, being the country's greatest city.

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Your Sydney Swans need a positive force to cheer for them judging by their pathetic form. They certainly can't cheer for themselves.

Liam
01-11-2004, 09:13 AM
If you dont watch your tone Barry Hall will 'cheer' your face in.

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Barry Hall's a Saints boy, stop hiding behind Victorian bred players.

Narg
01-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Sydney is a dump, When i go there i choke on the stench of polution, asians, and Liam.

Never been to Melbourne, but it cant be much better.

AFL is for small alcoholic homosexuals, and french insence candles.

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Pfft, stink of asians, I revel in that odour. And what sport do you like Narg? Farting contests you stinkball?

Narg
01-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Motorsport, and e-sports.

you phallus loving goose.

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:18 AM
How can you possibly like a sport where they just go around in circles over and over and over... And e-sports? You just put the word "sports" behind the letter "e". Pfft, just say computer games, nerd :P

You bloody Westie yobbo.

Liam
01-11-2004, 09:18 AM
Sydney is a gem. The jewel in the crown as it were.

For the information of our dear forum viewers, Narg lives out west. Here you will find an overwhelming smell of horse shit, vomit from paraletic sidewalk drunks and petrol from half-high locals.
Out Maitland way, where Narg lives, my train has been shot at twice by rednecks with 12 gauge shotguns as we passed through the level crossing. After they had finished shooting at us, they toasted their lunacy by clinking their bottles of methylated spirits together. Its a rough old place.

On topic: Red Sox. Whee. Who cares.

Narg
01-11-2004, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=Liam]
Out Maitland way, where Narg lives, my train has been shot at twice by rednecks with 12 gauge shotguns as we passed through the level crossing. After they had finished shooting at us, they toasted their lunacy by clinking their bottles of methylated spirits together. Its a rough old place.[QUOTE]

Must have come thru these ways on a thursdy noon, round 2 o'clock, dats shootin time.

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Pfft, its all the same, New South Wales, violent place. Go Victoria.

Liam
01-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Just got kicked out of the local watering hole for wearing gumboots in the ladies lounge?

deviljet88
01-11-2004, 09:33 AM
Woah random... since when were 14 year olds allowed in the local watering hole anyway?

Hazzle
02-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Boys, boys, boys...your arguments are entirely pointless. Does it really matter what the best state in Australia is?

England > Australia.

End of story.

We still rule your arses, albeit in theory. Your PM being an officer of the Queen and all that :p

Liam
02-11-2004, 01:18 AM
Don't give me that pointless tripe.

The Queen can't get airline tickets on her own, let alone rule a country.

Kelsey
02-11-2004, 01:25 AM
I'm so glad Boston won. I'm really working on getting into baseball..apparently, guys can really appreciate a girl who cares about baseball. Psh..take me to a hockey game, I'll be cheering for as much blood and guts as the next guy; I'll even wear my really cute Sharks jersey. Take me to the horse races, I'll keep up with you on the number of beers finished during the day and I'll put the big money down on the tenth race. Take me to an equestrian event, and I'll use the big words and show my sophisticated side, heels and everything. But take me to a baseball game and I will be more bored than I have ever been in my entire life. I'm working on it though.

deviljet88
02-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Wow, what an awesome girl. Pfft Hazzle, the Queen's old and decripit. Not surprised if she falls into a grave soon.

Jacoby
02-11-2004, 01:30 AM
..take me to a hockey game, I'll be cheering for as much blood and guts as the next guy; I'll even wear my really cute Sharks jersey. Take me to the horse races, I'll keep up with you on the number of beers finished during the day and I'll put the big money down on the tenth race. Take me to an equestrian event, and I'll use the big words and show my sophisticated side, heels and everything. But take me to a baseball game and I will be more bored than I have ever been in my entire life.

Sorry Kelsey, I can't afford to take you to all those places..:(

I'm glad the Red Sox won, though. The curse has been lifted. Horrah.

Hazzle
02-11-2004, 02:51 AM
Don't give me that pointless tripe.

The Queen can't get airline tickets on her own, let alone rule a country.

England > Australia.

End of story. :p You've yet to rebut that...possibly as you know it's true. Aren't you planning on leaving that godforesaken hellhole and coming to a REAL continent? Europe rocks...you know it's true.

Liam
02-11-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm not leaving because its a hell hole. I'm leaving because I'm 21 years old, I've sampled travel and its something I want to do more of.

At no stage did I ever rule out returning here. Cost of living, petrol and taxation are all lower than elsewhere. And besides, you know very well the *real* reason I'm leaving :P

deviljet88
02-11-2004, 10:15 AM
So does half of kkw :P Or at least we think we know the reason... Maybe Europe > Australia, but England > Australia... tough call, have to go there.

Hazzle
02-11-2004, 11:12 PM
So does half of kkw :P Or at least we think we know the reason... Maybe Europe > Australia, but England > Australia... tough call, have to go there.

Do so and I'll buy you a beer. I'll even make sure it's a VB so you feel at home. Who cares if you're only 14? I like em young;)

And Liam...as Jet said...EVERYONE knows the reason you're leaving...that does not take away from the FACT that you know very well you love Europe (and yeah, when it suits us, we claim to be part of it...technically we are, after all :p).

I cannot believe not one single Brit has backed me up on this...am I taking on the ENTIRE Aussie population of KKW single-handedly?