PDA

View Full Version : Smoking (even Keira's at it)

Pages : [1] 2

Sarah
28-10-2004, 12:09 PM
I don't smoke, I never have and I never will.

But what about you? Do you smoke? Do you like it? ...etc...

Shock horror : I never saw this coming Natalie Portman: lighting up a fag (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/mappers/natsmoke.jpg)

hasselbrad
28-10-2004, 12:17 PM
I have smoked exactly three cigarettes in my lifetime. Didn't really enjoy it.
I will occasionally indulge in a cigar. I enjoy the smell of a good cigar and/or a pipe, but I hate the smell of cigarettes.
I invoke my Fifth Amendment rights beyond that part of the discussion. :icon-mrgr

KurtCobain
28-10-2004, 12:31 PM
I smoke now and then, it's pretty relieving. But I can't understand how people can smoke a cigarette every hour or so, I mean, my packs last for about a month (when I share)

deviljet88
28-10-2004, 01:30 PM
When I grow up, nup, definitely will not smoke. Those Quit ads are horrible, ought to display them more often. Favourite one is where they cut someone's artery in half and there's disgusting lumpy bits in it.

Flightfreak
28-10-2004, 01:53 PM
I don’t smoke; i believe i smoked my first cigarette when i was 10years old,
Anyway why should i pay money to poison my self? I already inhale enough bad air, so no cigarettes for me!!

Leonie
28-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Well, I've got asthma, so if I wanted to smoke I'd best do it right in front of the hospital. Even if I didn't have any health issues preventing me from smoking I doubt I would. I hate the smell of it. I wouldn't know what it tastes like or what it does to me, and I don't intend to find out.

ryan
28-10-2004, 02:51 PM
I've smoked a cig or two in my life. I fucking hate the aftertaste and the effects of smoking by itself aren't any good anyway, in my opinion.

I've also smoked 2 or 3 cigars in my lifetime, but it was just a casual thing with friends...again, fucking nasty taste.

no desire to do either again.

barrington
28-10-2004, 05:22 PM
I smoke all the time. That must make me a bad person, huh?

apoggy
28-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Yes, it does

Jacoby
28-10-2004, 05:58 PM
I smoke cigars ocassionaly. My favorite of all are these tasty little cigarellos...
http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/images/products/781_1.jpg

And for the record: the after taste of a cigar is heavenly.

seventhson
28-10-2004, 07:43 PM
I smoked my first cigarette at about age of 10 years. Then pretty regular up to >1pack/day from age 14 to 36. I don't rcommend anyone smoke. I've read numerous articles that state nicotine addiction is more difficult to overcome than heroine & other narcotics. Take it from me, it took about four or five tries and several relapses/failures over several months to kick the addiction. That SUCKED! and I never want to experience that tortuous hell again. Nor do I wish that anyone else experience that. If you don't smoke, please do not start. If you are experimenting with tobacco, and are not hooked like a junkie yet, PLEASE STOP IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!! If you have tried to quit and have failed, send me a Private Message and I will tell you how I overcame my nicotine/cigarette addiction.
Who is bigger, you or the fag? Which one will conquer the other?

Peace,
SeventhSon

Louie
28-10-2004, 07:48 PM
My dad smokes about a pack every couple days, and I have seen the effects it has had on him, so I don't think I'll be smoking anytime soon. I do enjoy the smell though......

Jasper
28-10-2004, 08:40 PM
I've probably smoked about a pack of cigarettes total.

I like it, but I'm too smart to smoke anymore... I'm not even worried about getting cancer or anything. Cigarettes are just too goddamn expensive.

hasselbrad
28-10-2004, 08:49 PM
I used to work for a man who chain smoked unfiltered Camels. Nearly 80 years old. Clean bill of health. Smelled like an ashtray...but damn what a cool voice.

The Black Rider
28-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Smoking is disgusting...except in the case of Coffee and Cigarettes. Man, that movie owned.

hasselbrad
28-10-2004, 08:52 PM
I smoke cigars ocassionaly. My favorite of all are these tasty little cigarellos...
http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/images/products/781_1.jpg

And for the record: the after taste of a cigar is heavenly.

Jacoby = pimpalicious

Richard
28-10-2004, 09:01 PM
I don't smoke. But my father does.

Mags
28-10-2004, 09:24 PM
I've never smoked...never really wanted to...plus, I don't love the smell, though if I spend more than 2 straight days at my aunts' house in CT I get weirdly addicted to the secondhand smoke...to the point where I want them to light up so I can smell it again.

yeah, it's really weird, but my dad actually told my sister before she left for college that "We'd rather have you come home pregnant than smoking"

excellent parents

marry rich people
28-10-2004, 09:40 PM
I've never smoked and I never will. Even when I'm making crystal meth in my basement while injecting heroine into myself at the same time, I won't smoke.

Jacoby
28-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Jacoby = pimpalicious

Brad, you know how we do. I wouldn't smoke the shit that you buy from a gas-station. You go into town and you buy a tin of Zig Zag and some papers. You can roll about 50-60 GOOD cigarettes for the price of 12 nicotine-loaded factory-made cigarettes. But, I'm only saying that 'cus my friends roll their own, or smoke from pipes. I mess (or a better verb; "indulge", good one Brad) with Romeo and Jullietas, Heavens, or anything like that, if my friends are in town. That's only like once every four months, though, so my "usual" is the primetime. Their geared toward young kids. The cases they come in look like deodorant sticks..and when you open that the things they come in look like chap-stick. It's funny. And, they're cigars, so you don't inhale. Plus, I only have one every two days or so. Win-win situation, if you ask me.

Hazzle
28-10-2004, 10:05 PM
I smoke, occasionally cigars, but usually cigarettes. Don't care about health risks (I actually have asthma) I just enjoy it. I'm not addicted, I've actually quit several times (my longest stint without a cigarettes was...about 3 years, so yeah, and I started again purely out of choice, as I had to give up drink and wanted to have at least one vice :p). I just don't have an addictive personality...I mean even my one dabble with alcohol I couldn't get addicted (failed alcoholic...not something to put on your CV ;)). I don't smoke all that heavily, partly because of a lack of funds, partly out of choice.

Timmy
28-10-2004, 10:52 PM
proud to say that i've never touched a cigar or cigarette in my life, and i never will.......disgusting habit in my opinion but i'm not one to press my thoughts on smokers

peach
28-10-2004, 10:53 PM
I have NEVER smoked and I will NEVER smoke. I hate the smell of it, I can sense the smell from miles. I can't believe how you actually can smoke when you know it's bad for you. Plus the smell is one of the worst smells ever. Whenever I've been to a restuarant and people have been smoking ashes, I have to wash my clothes, jacket and take a shower. I just can't stand it. I start harkling my voice directly. I've heard that in next year, people won't be allowed to smoke in public spaces in Sweden. :)

hasselbrad
28-10-2004, 11:20 PM
I have NEVER smoked and I will NEVER smoke. I hate the smell of it, I can sense the smell from miles. I can't believe how you actually can smoke when you know it's bad for you. Plus the smell is one of the worst smells ever. Whenever I've been to a restuarant and people have been smoking ashes, I have to wash my clothes, jacket and take a shower. I just can't stand it. I start harkling my voice directly. I've heard that in next year, people won't be allowed to smoke in public spaces in Sweden. :)

I'm the same way with cigarette smoke. If i'm standing inside our warehouse (which is closed and air conditioned) and someone is smoking outside in the plumbing supply place behind us, I can smell it.
Smoking is illegal in restaurants in the state of Florida. Ahhhhh :o

Hazzle
29-10-2004, 12:52 AM
I've heard that in next year, people won't be allowed to smoke in public spaces in Sweden. :)

Eurgh...when did we become a banning culture? Why not fucking ban cigarettes altogether? Oh wait, governments lose revenue that way...and let's not forget how much tobacco companies contribute to campaigns. So they can sell their product, I just can't use it in public. So does that mean people have to chain smoke at home to get any joy...surely that makes people's health worse? Oh wait, it doesn't impact anyone else? It does when a smoker who ends up worse due to chain smoking needs a bed someone else could use and ends up dying.

Oh...and whatever happened to banning being the sign of an oppressive government? Ban this, ban that...fuck me...prohibition didn't work with alcohol, what makes them think it'll work with cigarettes? Y'know, a product as invasive and MORE addictive than alcohol?

Me and Teh Duck constructed a perfect plan to keep smokers and non-smokers happy but that'd require thought on the part of the politicians now, wouldn't it?

duckula
29-10-2004, 01:07 AM
Ban idiots.

Hazzle
29-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Ban idiots.

Ducky for President...of the World.

Spire
29-10-2004, 01:32 AM
The only placed I've ever smoked is Metal Gear Solid.

Jacoby
29-10-2004, 01:33 AM
The only placed I've ever smoked is Metal Gear Solid.

Not true. You were smokin' in that red mini-skirt.

Spire
29-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Not true. You were smokin' in that red mini-skirt.

Zing!

My night job gives me many opportunities.

Bait
29-10-2004, 02:33 AM
i have smoked a couple times...black and milds only and some other stuff that arent cigars or cigs
i dont make it a habit and i hate the smell of plain cigs so i will never smoke those and im not addicted or anything it was only ~5 times so i dont go blow my money on black and milds...i usually stick to alcohol at parties (not an alcoholic either) :X

Narg
29-10-2004, 03:24 AM
Never smoked, really dont see the point...

Renegade
29-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Cleveland: In England, they call cigarettes 'fags'.
Peter: Well tell that cigarette to get outta my bar.

...or something like that.

Anyway, I never smoked and probably never will. I have the good ol' Asthma. In a way, it's like the mini devil on my shoulder, telling me that if I smoke, he'll choke me to death.

And Jacoby, the container for those PrimeTimes look like Duracell batteries. Mmm...batteries. Now that's something I'd smoke.

Spire
29-10-2004, 03:59 AM
I can't stand the smell of smoke, it makes me gag. I can't even sit in the smoking section of a restraunt. I don't have anything against smokers, that's their choice, but I doubt I'd be able to smoke even if I wanted to. And I don't.

Ashley
29-10-2004, 05:41 AM
I smoked, I've quit... well.. I'm still in the process. I haven't had a smoke in about a week and a half. It's going to get tough next week as I turn legal drinking age and am more prone to smoke when I drink. I obsess about my teeth and breath, so I brush an unhealthy amount a day, and that was made worse with smoking because after every one I'd brush, I don't enjoy dirty mouth. But yes, I quit... for the time being. I'm doing good though.

Ashlyn
29-10-2004, 06:35 AM
never touched a cigarette in my life, oh except for when this guy was showing me a trick where he could make the cigarette magically disapear in his hands. THAT was cool.

Hazzle
29-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Renegade, I dunno, I don't really buy that Asthma really works as that devil on your shoulder. I mean I have it, and I still smoke. I think it's probably more you not willing to do something that may make yours worse, fair enough. I actually, and this is VERY weird, get less asthma attacks ON cigarettes than not...fuck knows how that works, but I tend to suffer from the asthma a lot more when I'm not smoking. I think, however, that if you enjoy smoking, Asthma won't work as a deterrent, but if you don't like it, or if you've never smoked and already see it as something that's not for you, then I suppose Asthma is listed as an additional reason to the rest (cancer risks, the smell, the taste, etc). I happen to luff smokey mouth...nothing tastes finer :p

Hazzle
29-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool. :eek:

How witty. Surprisingly I agree with you, and mine and Teh Duck's plan actually factors that in.

We believe there should be smoking and non-smoking establishments, with a requirement that ALL public places display clearly which they are. In addition, smoking establishments will be put under a burden to provide a certain threshold of ventilation and quality extractor fans before they will be licensed to be a smoking establishment (yeah, I figure a license is the best way to ensure that the minimum requirements are met).

That way consumers have a choice, people who OWN the establishments have a choice, and yet employees at smoking places are not forced to passively smoke. If the licensing scheme doesn't work (some places may rather pay the fine than fit expensive ventilation) then perhaps say fuck it, if you choose to work at a smoking place, you know the risks you're taking. Seems fair enough to me. But I believe it's better to go the route of ventilation.

gracie
29-10-2004, 09:11 PM
i smoke quite a bit, enjoy it quite alot.

MeggieHoops
29-10-2004, 10:59 PM
I smoke. It's bad, I know. Esp. cause I run all the time and stuff...but, it calms my nerves.

The only problem is that certain people don't like kissing girls with "ashtray mouths".

apoggy
29-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Dicks don't have taste buds

Jacoby
29-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Dicks don't have taste buds

Hazzle doesn't have tastebuds? :P

bob
30-10-2004, 03:10 AM
arrghh!! natalie, what are you doing?!?!?!

Well, I've got asthma, so if I wanted to smoke I'd best do it right in front of the hospital. Even if I didn't have any health issues preventing me from smoking I doubt I would. I hate the smell of it. I wouldn't know what it tastes like or what it does to me, and I don't intend to find out.
yeah. it's like, any time i've thought "why don't i try smoking?" i remember what it's like to not be able to breathe.

whereas i inherited this lovely disability, i find it strange that people would go out of their way to experience the same trouble. that, and i think smoking is a rude gesture. smoking SHOULD be made illegal in public because it's fine and dandy if you want to die, but second-hand smoke is more harmful because it's not inhaled through a filter! you are preventing others people from enjoying their optimum level of health just because you like to breathe filthy air. IDIOTS. i hate you all :mad:

and you litter! you're not permitted to litter just because you're dieing of lung cancer! throwing down a cigarette is no different from me throwing my paper into a bush! TOSSERS!

Hazzle
30-10-2004, 03:48 AM
whereas i inherited this lovely disability, i find it strange that people would go out of their way to experience the same trouble. that, and i think smoking is a rude gesture.

I like asphyxiation thanks :). It's quite a buzz. Also, the rudeness of smoking is a myth. SMOKERS may be rude, and indulge their habit in a way that is rude, but it doesn't have to be rude. I always ask those I'm sat with if they are fine with my smoking. No, I don't ask everyone in the room, but I usually either smoke in a smoky pub (where most people are smoking, so the odd passive smoker is making a conscious choice to be there) or outdoors in the open. Let's not forget the air is full of pollution, and no amount of cigarettes is going to do more damage to your lungs through passive smoke than that pollution will...

smoking SHOULD be made illegal in public because it's fine and dandy if you want to die, but second-hand smoke is more harmful because it's not inhaled through a filter! you are preventing others people from enjoying their optimum level of health just because you like to breathe filthy air. IDIOTS. i hate you all :mad:

In open areas pollution is a far more dangerous risk to your health than passive smoking. The amount of toxins already present in the air mean anything in the cigarette smoke is neglible by comparison. In closed spaces, mine and Ducky's plan works better than a ban. We don't live in a draconian world where governments should be banning things left right and centre, we should reserve bans for where it's absolutely necessary, and then go the whole fucking hog. Ban cigarettes entirely, make it illegal to make them...oh wait...that'd cause governments to lose revenue, so they never will. Sorry Bob, but it seems pointless to allow the product to be legal and then basically stop people smoking other than in their own homes. All it's going to cause is more problems than it solves. It's actually quite naive to support a blanket ban on smoking, as opposed to a blanket ban on cigarettes and cigars.

and you litter! you're not permitted to litter just because you're dieing of lung cancer! throwing down a cigarette is no different from me throwing my paper into a bush! TOSSERS!

Fuck that, everyone litters. Stop everyone else, and I'll stop too.

bob
30-10-2004, 03:56 AM
when i say smoking in public, i'm referring specifically to the person smoking a cigaratte right next to you at the bus stop. and other similiar situations involving close proximity with a bastard who gives you the look that says "uh... i don't have any obligation to you" and then turns around so that he doesn't have to deal with all the glaring.

but yes, i don't really care about smoking. it's funny how if my friends smoke i'll be like "yeah, i'm a bit disappointed and i wish you wouldn't, but it's your decision" whereas if a person in a suit is smoking i'll be thinking "YOU'RE A FUCKER". maybe because i hate business people. they're just rude in general. fuckers. and this is why i hate public transport.

Hazzle
30-10-2004, 04:00 AM
when i say smoking in public, i'm referring specifically to the person smoking a cigaratte right next to you at the bus stop. and other similiar situations involving close proximity with a bastard who gives you the look that says "uh... i don't have any obligation to you" and then turns around so that he doesn't have to deal with all the glaring.

Well that's just plain fucking rude. I never do that :) We all have an obligation to show basic human respect to one another. I mean ffs even when I KNOW a friend doesn't mind me smoking (like Teh Duck, when I met him before he went back to Uni) I still ask.

I say we shoot all rude people...as Teh Duck said...ban idiots.

ryan
30-10-2004, 05:20 AM
I smoke. It's bad, I know. Esp. cause I run all the time and stuff...but, it calms my nerves.

The only problem is that certain people don't like kissing girls with "ashtray mouths".

hahaha
i did not say "ashtray mouth" :p
close, but not exact.

Ranman
04-12-2004, 06:08 PM
ive been smoking for about last 5 years, about a pack or so a day depending if im working or off. but its getting harder to smoke here in the usa, they are banning it everywhere

Hazzle
04-12-2004, 06:44 PM
I luff the schmoking. ARRR. Marlboro man myself, red not lights though...lights...eurgh.

I LOATHE lights.

How many of you smokers would give it up for a partner? I wouldn't myself...

MeggieHoops
04-12-2004, 06:57 PM
How many of you smokers would give it up for a partner? I wouldn't myself...

Someone once asked me that...and I was like, "HAHA fuck no."

Salems all the way baby.

Hazzle
04-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Someone once asked me that...and I was like, "HAHA fuck no."

Good girl!

Never come between me and my fags...I love fags ;)

Pete
04-12-2004, 08:50 PM
hmm dont smoke, tried it, smoked quite a lot of bazzles....
not too fussed about the smell, but i deem it very impolite to smoke when food is present,

ashtray mouths as someone very eloquently described them are absolutely disgusting....

hate to say it but passive smoking over a long length of time is unhealthy,
http://www.ash.org.uk/html/passive/html/asthma.html
and there is growing evidence that it increases cases of asthma in kids....

i know someone raised the question of would you stop smoking for a partner..
question is - would you stop smoking for your future kids?

MeggieHoops
04-12-2004, 08:54 PM
ashtray mouths as someone very eloquently described them are absolutely disgusting....

Lol that was TOTALLY Ryan talking about me.

i know someone raised the question of would you stop smoking for a partner..
question is - would you stop smoking for your future kids?

I don't want kids, but if I did...yes.

ryan
04-12-2004, 11:21 PM
It's just not as enjoyable to be tasting one's mouth that tastes like tobacco.
For the right girl, I'll suck it up and sacrifice myself for it and endure the less-than-lovely taste. There's always gums and mints to mask it, anyways.

barrington
20-01-2005, 01:45 PM
BUMP.
And yep, even Keira smokes too it would appear.
This article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2090-1439928,00.html) with her mum indicates without ambiguity that Keira has a stock of rolling tobacco that dear old Mum's inclined to pinch on occasion. Hahar.

SimplyKnightley
20-01-2005, 02:26 PM
doesn't give us any excuse to follow suit

FooTM
20-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Keira smokes? I like her much less now. Knew it was too good to be true.

barrington
20-01-2005, 06:23 PM
I shall endeavour to be the only man to appear on the front of The Sun trying to bum a cigarette from Keira. Go girl.

Flightfreak
20-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Smoking isn't only disprespectful to your surroundings, but also to your own body!
If I see a good-looking girl on the street putting up a cigarette, than I look away and she loses all mine interest.

http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/1.jpg http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/2.jpg

http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/3.jpg http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/4.jpg

http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/5.jpg http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/6.jpg

http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/7.jpg http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/8.jpg

http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/9.jpg http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/10.jpg

http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/11.jpg http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/12.jpg

http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/13.jpg http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/14.jpg

http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/15.jpg http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/16.jpg

Jacoby
20-01-2005, 07:24 PM
My favorite one is "Cigarettes Hurt Babies". Very effective slogan.

Cigars are best. One a week isn't too bad.

Flightfreak
20-01-2005, 08:10 PM
well, you did promise to stop smoking for me! :)

Flightfreak
20-01-2005, 08:20 PM
lol, yes you did promise that my dear
I would convince you anyway :p
Besides I know better ways to calm your nerves ;)

Flightfreak
20-01-2005, 08:43 PM
you don’t know what you are missing darling ;)

Mags
20-01-2005, 08:45 PM
http://www.forces.org/canada/porno/9.jpg

That makes me giggle like a 7 year old. Heee. Cigarrette penis.

apoggy
20-01-2005, 08:45 PM
why dont you tell her, use millimeters if you need to

Flightfreak
20-01-2005, 08:49 PM
why dont you tell her, use millimeters if you need to
because I don’t want to make the fellow male kkw's jealous, you dirty minded Bob :p

Scott
20-01-2005, 10:46 PM
I smoke, but I'm not a heavy smoker. I go through a pack, about once a week.

deviljet88
20-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Having a mum who's a doctor helps me not attempt to smoke

Zavender
20-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't smoke, and never will. I'm already trying to fight my addiction to caffeine, and I don't want another substance to be addicted to. I consider myself to be straight edge, but I don't go out of my way to force my beliefs onto those who smoke, or abuse other drugs.
I live my life my way, and let everyone live their's how they want to.

Dionysus
21-01-2005, 12:50 AM
my pop died of lung cancer after a lifetime of smoking
i sure as hell dont
when i was about 12 i used to get an older friend to buy me and my mates cigarettes, but i never really enjoyed it
my first smoke was when i was 8 or 9, i pinched one of my mums (she doesnt smoke anymore) and she caught me with it :D
my brother smokes but is currently trying to give up

frodo1511
21-01-2005, 12:59 AM
My grandfather and mother used to smoke...they've been clean for 9 years.
Never have smoked, never will smoke. Don't like the smell personally.

aznkkfan
23-01-2005, 02:45 AM
when did keira start smoking? she's only 19!

seventhson
23-01-2005, 03:48 AM
I am >4years 100% tobacco free & happy about that. Anyone interested in quitting may PM me to find out about a way to quit, if quitting is what they want to do.
Humans must have food, water, shelter & love. Cigarettes, cocain, LSD, caffeine, steroids and other substances are things I can live without.

(-: 7th :-)

Narg
23-01-2005, 06:18 AM
when did keira start smoking? she's only 19!

she hast :S ? someone changed the topic name to stir shit i think :o.

Liam
23-01-2005, 06:34 AM
She likes to roll her own apparently. She'd fit right in out Maitland way eh :p

Charlie
25-01-2005, 04:01 AM
as someone with a medical background, smoking does no good to anyone. its literally suicide in a sense. some people say its a way of relieving stress or dealing with grief. in most cases it actually worsens the situation.

Narg
25-01-2005, 04:38 AM
She likes to roll her own apparently. She'd fit right in out Maitland way eh :p

Fuck you cunt.

wayne09
25-01-2005, 11:54 AM
I do believe now that this is complete rubbish... Never trust those bloody newspapers loaded with bullshit, she doesn't smoke or we would have seen it on pics...

Mags
25-01-2005, 06:22 PM
her mommy said so.

Leonie
25-01-2005, 08:23 PM
her mommy said so.

Well... no. Magazine with her mommy in it said so. And we all know that magazines like to twist people's words. I'm not saying she doesn't smoke (Keira! Bleurgh!), but just because it was in an interview does not mean it's true. Remember the lip surgery rubbish?

apoggy
25-01-2005, 08:31 PM
There are other explanations, such as Jamie smokes.

One other thing that sprung to mind was whether it was rolling tobacco or just rizzlas. I know for a fact my girlfriend doesnt smoke but she has rizzlas for use with her clarinet for some reason.

Not that I care, smoke yourself to death, just dont take me with you

marine
25-01-2005, 08:57 PM
I do believe now that this is complete rubbish... Never trust those bloody newspapers loaded with bullshit, she doesn't smoke or we would have seen it on pics...

Not obligatory true; I'm not saying she does smoke or that she doesn't, but you can't decide on paparazzi pics, if she doesn't want to get caught, she just has to abstain herself, from smokin' on the street or in puclic places where she knows she can get caught.

wayne09
25-01-2005, 09:05 PM
that's true but still I'm sure she doesn't... I don't know... If she didn't want to get caught, then her mum would know it and wouldn't have mention it in an interview

acliff
25-01-2005, 09:27 PM
There are other explanations, such as Jamie smokes.

One other thing that sprung to mind was whether it was rolling tobacco or just rizzlas. I know for a fact my girlfriend doesnt smoke but she has rizzlas for use with her clarinet for some reason.

Not that I care, smoke yourself to death, just dont take me with you

Just so you know wind instrument players carry around packs of rizzlas in order to clean the keys on their instruments. The sealing keys can get moist with saliva, and the rizzla, being absorbant are used to dab up the moisture.

Leonie
25-01-2005, 09:39 PM
And as we all know, Keira is a devoted trumpet player who practices several hours a day :icon_razz

Well.. she used to play flute, right?

duckula
25-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Smoking is cool.

Allanon
26-01-2005, 01:45 PM
maybe she was trying to get her mom to quit and hid those things.

Kinda farfetched but maube it was like that and the papers just twisted it to have something "juicy" to write about.

JackYang
26-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Smoking is cool.

You're an idiot. :)

duckula
26-01-2005, 02:29 PM
You're an idiot. :)

Perhaps, but I am correct.

wayne09
26-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Smoking isn't that cool... It's mainly for losers who want others to like them... Of course I'll have to change my mind if Keira smoke....

Jacoby
26-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Smoking is an acquired taste. I like the taste of some brands every once and a while. It goes nice with coffee. I agree with Duckula.

Pygmalion
27-01-2005, 08:00 AM
I used to smoke a lot. Then, after seeing what it was doing to my friend's singing voice, I decided to stop.
Now I only smoke when I'm drunk, and only with one particular girl, who incidentally got me smoking in the 1st place and taught me how to smoke properly.

Bum-puffers annoy me SO MUCH! I think if you're going to do anything, do it well.

Ashley
28-01-2005, 01:20 AM
I mess (or a better verb; "indulge", good one Brad) with Romeo and Jullietas, Heavens, or anything like that, if my friends are in town.

Oh God.... Heavens... Jacoby what are you DOING to me!

I used to smoke everyday but I've cut down. I do it during finals week and when drinking but that's about it.

SimplyKnightley
28-01-2005, 04:13 AM
i dunno, but vanity alone would be reason enuff to put me off smoking. it dulls your complexion, causes premature ageing in the form of wrinkles (especially around the mouth), gives you yellow teeth/fingers and bad breath. and i dun like the feeling of succumbing to a constant craving or addiction. i see flustered people at the airport making a dash for the smoking room and calming down only after they've had a puff and thought, 'am i glad i'm not dependent like that'.

hasselbrad
28-01-2005, 12:04 PM
...and maybe the papers were for *gasps* joints!?!?
I haven't seen a bunch of pictures of her smoking, so I think it's safe to say she won't be going Johnny Carson on us anytime soon.
As to what Simply was saying...
My mother was telling my daughters all about how bad smoking is for you and told her how it made your skin wrinkled and old. My daughter narrows her eyes and says, "grandma...did you smoke?"
Ouch.

Dyce_Blue
29-01-2005, 03:49 AM
My mom is a 2 pack a day smoker. The smell is on everything. My clothes, even when safely confined to my closet still smell like cancer sticks.

Its no good. 2nd hand smoke is worse though. If I leave home for extended periods of time, I go through withdrawls and get sick.

My mom's incessant smoking since my birth has also given me terrible allergies and dark circles under my eyes.

If you are a parent, please do not smoke in the house...

SimplyKnightley
29-01-2005, 04:20 AM
My mother was telling my daughters all about how bad smoking is for you and told her how it made your skin wrinkled and old. My daughter narrows her eyes and says, "grandma...did you smoke?"
Ouch.

your mum should retort, 'it could have been worse!'

anyway smoking is not the only cause of premature ageing. excessive exposure to the sun without proper protection creates all kinds of problems too.

SimplyKnightley
29-01-2005, 04:23 AM
My mom is a 2 pack a day smoker. The smell is on everything. My clothes, even when safely confined to my closet still smell like cancer sticks.

Its no good. 2nd hand smoke is worse though. If I leave home for extended periods of time, I go through withdrawls and get sick.

My mom's incessant smoking since my birth has also given me terrible allergies and dark circles under my eyes.

If you are a parent, please do not smoke in the house...

what i would suggest, if persuading your mum to stop smoking doesn't work, is to get an air purifier. show her how black the water has turned and tell her all that is what has been going into her lungs and yours.

Jacoby
29-01-2005, 04:25 AM
what i would suggest, if persuading your mum to stop smoking doesn't work, is to get an air purifier. show her how black the water has turned and tell her all that is what has been going into her lungs and yours.

Then she'll say, "Wow, that's crazy," and she'll keep on smoking. My sisters and I have tried all sorts of things like that with my mom. It doesn't work. The only thing that made her slow down with the smoking was when my sister had her kid.

JackYang
29-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Smoking isn't that cool... It's mainly for losers who want others to like them... Of course I'll have to change my mind if Keira smoke....

lol, well it really depends. Some people smoke for like a few week just to experience (not because of depression). Some smokes just because they think they're cool. Best not to smoke though. For those who smokes just to be cool are true losers.

(Assuming IF keira does smoke)