PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Film of All-Time...

The Black Rider
28-10-2004, 12:01 AM
http://www.misrule.net/MisruleSafari.WMV

I appear as The Hater.

Check out our tunes while you're at it. :)

Louie
28-10-2004, 12:07 AM
That was beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye.

Hazzle
28-10-2004, 12:52 AM
The Godfather is one of the greatest films ever made. So was the second; the third one left a lot to be desired, but it did a good job of tying up loose ends and letting us know the Saga was over.

Errr. I haven't watched the Rider's film, largely as I'm sure it'll be crap, but I don't THINK he meant this to be a poll as to what's the greatest film ever made. Unless I misunderstood and he referenced The Godfather in his film somehow.

Jacoby
28-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Haha, that's awesome! My friends and I have made very similar videos. Even with pokemon references. Ah, the beauty of being ridiculously bored...

Jasper
28-10-2004, 02:00 AM
HA, I loved the little smiley face when he went Dukes of Hazard in the window :).

Renegade
28-10-2004, 02:42 AM
The Charmeleon part owned. Awesome work Black Rider. A job well done. I smell Oscar nominations.

The Black Rider
28-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Glad to see we're not all philistines here *cough*Hazzle*cough*. Thank you all.

Hazzle
28-10-2004, 08:51 PM
hazzle, I do agree with what you said

It'd help if you actually understood what I said. As I pointed out, I haven't watched the Rider's film, I have no intention or wish to, I was merely trying to avoid, should that have been where this thread was headed, a long drawn out poll of the greatest film of all time.

Most people around here, including myself think you're full of crap

Funny you should say that, as I happen to be one of the more popular Wavefronters. 3 bans and 3 returns...I think only the Great Duck himself matches that record. Shall we do a little poll to see which of the pair of us has more respect around these parts? Or more friends? Congratulations, you win the prize for the most bullshit comment made today, or this week for that matter. You'll find most people round these parts not only like me, but respect me...so kindly...fuck off.

I'll politely tell you you're a moron, and I'd be right.

How ironic. Please do explain to this feeble minded moron how one can politely call another a moron? Methinks you just sunk your own battleship, dipstick.

You're a cocky little bastard aren't you? If you want a war with me, I'm more than happy to oblige...I'll be sure to send flowers to your family when I nuke your little arse, eh? I've buried several other cocky bastards, and I'd be happy to add another to the long list. I do love the smell of Napalm in the morning, afternoon or even the night for that matter. Arrr...God bless flamethrowers.

Yes, you misunderstood this post!!!

Duh, uh...please explain your post to me. I'm an idiot. What's this interweb thingy and how's it work?

Glad to see we're not all philistines here *cough*Hazzle*cough*. Thank you all.

:p I actually didn't watch your film as I'm lazy, but that didn't quite have the same punch. It's quite ironic for people to call me a philistine or moron when neither of you had the braincells to get the joke...

Jacoby
28-10-2004, 09:22 PM
It's quite ironic for people to call me a philistine or moron when neither of you had the braincells to get the joke...

YOUR MOM'S IRONIC. OOOOoooooOOOOOOooooOOOOOooOOOHHHHHH.

Hazzle
28-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Wrong again. Thanks for making me laugh. My battelship (http://www.felidae.pl/battleships/nevada5.jpg) doesn't sink you dipstick.

Really? Then I'm sure somewhere in that post of yours you actually explained how one politely calls another a moron? No? Oh well...seems I managed to sink your unsinkable ship anyway :D

Hazzle, the 23-year-old, "cocky little bastard" is on a power trip. To his admirers, he's a Robin Hood seeking gains for the poor and twitting the rich.

A power trip? Yeah...quite...I wasn't the one who presumed to speak for everyone ;)

Now this really gives new meaning to the phrase "cocky little bastard"! Talk about your dangling modifiers! :p :p :p

You're funny. Pardon me while I go stitch up my sides. Fuck me even Jacoby's funnier than you are.

Leonie
28-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Firstly, although this is all excellent reading material: PMs. Use them. Cheers.

Fox, you don't want to get into a fight with Haz, trust me.

Haz, you know we love ya, now calm down.

Back on topic please, much appreciated.

Hazzle
28-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Firstly, although this is all excellent reading material: PMs. Use them. Cheers.

<huff!> FINE! Ruin all my fun why don't you? :icon_mecr You know I get my jollies out of publically humiliating other people to make up for my own feebleness.

Fox, you don't want to get into a fight with Haz, trust me.

True story.

Haz, you know we love ya, now calm down.

<is pacified>. Don't you just feel the love?

As a favour to Leonie, and in a bid to stay on topic as per her request, I did watch this. And as I predicted, it was crap. Even by student filmaking standards, it was poor fare. I watch a lot of student shorts, made by up and coming filmmakers, this was neither funny, entertaining or interesting. I was cringing and waiting for the suffering to end. I'm amazed I made it to the end in one piece.

Oh sod it...I'm with Renegade...Oscars aplenty for this steaming turd. They always end up giving Oscars to shit films anyway :p

The Black Rider
28-10-2004, 11:03 PM
My point was that you were assuming the film I was in is bad without even giving it a chance. Of course, decent people usually keep such comments to themselves, but who knows?

Just to clarify for the rest of you, I didn't actually make the film myself; a friend did. I merely appear in it.

Leonie
28-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Fox, will you stop being an arse and stop posting off topic remarks no one wants to read anyway? Thanks. I tried to be nice before, you obviously don't take hints. If you start a post with a name, don't you think it's PM material? Back on topic.

Jacoby
28-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Just to clarify for the rest of you, I didn't actually make the film myself; a friend did. I merely appear in it.

Yeah right. You know you directed the film.

Hazzle
29-10-2004, 12:45 AM
My point was that you were assuming the film I was in is bad without even giving it a chance. Of course, decent people usually keep such comments to themselves, but who knows?

Well it was crap (I'm glad you didn't make it). So I was right to assume that now, wasn't I? You going to give me back the priceless time I wasted watching it? No...so why exactly was I wrong to state I had no desire to waste my time? I was merely trying to prevent YOUR thread getting derailed.

But since you don't care.

Fox...my avatar and signature are actually a reference to my being banned and rising from "the dead"...it was an "in joke" for those in the know, but clearly that doesn't include you. Anyway, me and The Duck ARE Teh Jesi...deal with it.

And wtf are you on? Why bring up all that unnecessary crap about Jesus' existence? I'm a bloody agnostic...what are you on? I merely stated that Leonie knows what she's talking about when she says you don't want a war with me...because she knows you can't win. There used to be a fella round these parts by the name of Aldera Knightley...went toe to toe with The Duck...he thought he could win too and he died an untimely death. Go toe to toe with me and you'll end up the same way. That is the stone cold truth, mark my words.

I will put words in your mouth if I wish. And the first one is Goddamn. It's got an n on the end, my friend. Just for future reference.

But just to reiterate, and getting back on topic, Rider...I knew it was going to be crap, so I didn't waste my time. There's nothing "philistine" (I wasn't sure how to make philistine into an adjective...any English students?) in doing that, it's a skill to be able to discern quality. I knew, judging from your taste in films, that something you found entertaining wouldn't be to my tastes. I didn't have to see it, and in the end I was proven right. I win.

The Black Rider
29-10-2004, 01:13 AM
Well it was crap (I'm glad you didn't make it). So I was right to assume that now, wasn't I? You going to give me back the priceless time I wasted watching it? No...so why exactly was I wrong to state I had no desire to waste my time? I was merely trying to prevent YOUR thread getting derailed.

But since you don't care.

Fox...my avatar and signature are actually a reference to my being banned and rising from "the dead"...it was an "in joke" for those in the know, but clearly that doesn't include you. Anyway, me and The Duck ARE Teh Jesi...deal with it.

And wtf are you on? Why bring up all that unnecessary crap about Jesus' existence? I'm a bloody agnostic...what are you on? I merely stated that Leonie knows what she's talking about when she says you don't want a war with me...because she knows you can't win. There used to be a fella round these parts by the name of Aldera Knightley...went toe to toe with The Duck...he thought he could win too and he died an untimely death. Go toe to toe with me and you'll end up the same way. That is the stone cold truth, mark my words.

I will put words in your mouth if I wish. And the first one is Goddamn. It's got an n on the end, my friend. Just for future reference.

But just to reiterate, and getting back on topic, Rider...I knew it was going to be crap, so I didn't waste my time. There's nothing "philistine" (I wasn't sure how to make philistine into an adjective...any English students?) in doing that, it's a skill to be able to discern quality. I knew, judging from your taste in films, that something you found entertaining wouldn't be to my tastes. I didn't have to see it, and in the end I was proven right. I win.

Explain why it was "crap."

Hazzle
29-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Explain why it was "crap."

Well...I could deconstruct the poor camera work and attrocious lighting but that's kinda unfair on a student film as they tend to always suck in those departments due to poor budget. But there's no comedy value, no entertainment...I was waiting for the blasted thing to end so I could at least say I'd seen it. It wasn't funny...in the slightest...it wasn't even silly funny, it was just pathetically immature and infantile and felt that way. As such I was offended and disgusted with myself for even watching it.

Narg
29-10-2004, 03:22 AM
that movies pretty fucking weird, but i laughed at it. :)

Richard
29-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Well...I could deconstruct the poor camera work and attrocious lighting but that's kinda unfair on a student film as they tend to always suck in those departments due to poor budget. But there's no comedy value, no entertainment...I was waiting for the blasted thing to end so I could at least say I'd seen it. It wasn't funny...in the slightest...it wasn't even silly funny, it was just pathetically immature and infantile and felt that way. As such I was offended and disgusted with myself for even watching it.

Now I'm seriously not going to post my film. Haz's comments are something I can never recover from.

The Black Rider
30-10-2004, 12:54 AM
When I used the word "philistine" earlier, it was a reference to early-20th Century art culture, in which the term was used to denote people who had no understanding of "great art." And guess what? I was right.

Hazzle
30-10-2004, 01:12 AM
When I used the word "philistine" earlier, it was a reference to early-20th Century art culture, in which the term was used to denote people who had no understanding of "great art."

Listen you cretin, I'm well aware what the term "philistine" relates to.

And guess what? I was right.

Another cocky little bastard, eh? Well...to be blunt, if you can't take criticism of a film you didn't even make, God knows how you'll cope when, as will no doubt occur, should you actually ever make it as a filmmaker, some critic pans your film (it happens to even the great directors). So call me what you want, all it proves to me is I was correct.

It's ironic you call me a philistine for not appreciating "great art" on a thread discussing something that barely even qualifies as "art". It lacked entertainment value, it lacked aesthetic value, it was infantile, and even if the immaturity was merely to make an ironic statement, that doesn't distract from the fact it's infantile. Not only that, but any subtle statement you were making, wasn't conveyed. You could belittle me for not "getting it" or you could look again and see if there's actually anything there worth watching.

See you can belittle me, but I've not belittled you, you'll note. I could have said I'm not surprised that a 16 year old male, and we all know our gender tends to mature that little bit slower, so we'll give you the mental age of, what, a 14 year old, found something humourus in that. I could say it's ironic that of all those to post positive comments about this piece, not one of them is funny (sorry guys, but it's true). Instead I just pointed out that the piece itself is flawed.

Seems the Rider is touchy. In future I'll give hollow compliments out if you prefer...if it helps your insecurities, why not?

The Black Rider
30-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Calm down, I was being sarcastic. I couldn't care less about what you think of me or any of my work. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

And you're calling me touchy?

Hazzle
30-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Calm down, I was being sarcastic. I couldn't care less about what you think of me or any of my work. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

And you're calling me touchy?

I'm immensely calm my friend. I didn't tear strips off of you...you'd know if I was angry.

I didn't like it, and no, if I don't like it's not my problem. It's not a problem for me, other than the few minutes of my life I lost...hardly significant. If I don't like it, I'd suggest that the problem lies with the filmmaker...but if it helps to deflect the pain, then sure, go ahead.

The Black Rider
31-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Alright, I take your point and I'm sorry if I overreacted. Obviously we all can't like every movie, so I probably should've expected that someone here might dislike it. But thanks for watching it anyway.

NearokA
31-10-2004, 06:48 AM
I was drunk, and that my friend, was actually entertaining! lol.

Some thoughts:
1). please record on higher resolutions. That was awful. I had to squint my eyes.
2). Acting could use some work
3). Directing as well. I like directors that take a wild perspective that no ones else seems to think about. It's little things that matter. Make the film with a thousand little things that people will hardly notice.

Good things:
1) the music was wonderful. I couldn't have selected a better piece for fun frolic in the woods with 3 kids really high. lol.

On a side note, you prolly shouldnt have talked at all and just have one of those silent films that uses music and facial expressions to convey the character's thought process. I always did enjoy those.