PDA

View Full Version : On memories

NearokA
26-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Dear Keira,

Hello, it’s me again. Are you sick of my writing yet? Well, I haven’t gotten any word from you yet, so I’ll continue writing in a general sense. Today’s topic will be: On memories.

Photographs. What a wonderful invention. You see, a photograph allows one to capture an instant in time. It could be of a person, of a thing, of anything really. And photographs can have many meanings depending on what perspective one takes. Let’s focus on people photographs. For instance: when I look at a picture of you now, and a picture of you, say from Bend it like Beckham, I see two very different people. I notice all the fine changes in your facial features, not to mention the different hair style. I often wonder what Keira is like now, and what little Keira was like 4-5 years ago. I wonder how much has changed and how much has stayed the same.

Today as I sat on the bus, some kids got on. They were about middle school kids, probably around 13 or 14 years old. It got me thinking how I was like in middle school. And I started to recollect how small I was, how fragile I was, how utterly ugly I was. And when I look at photographs of myself, I think, that’s not me. How could that possibly be me?

When I was in middle school, there was this thing called the arcade. Back in those days, the arcade allowed an unprecedented experience with video games. My favorite was Street Fighter and all the subsequent sequels and variations. My favorite characters were Akuma, from the alpha series, and Ken, from all the other series. They both had killer combos and they both had an aggressive play style. I always play aggressively. In Kendo, in Kenjustsu, in anything competitive, I always believed that pressure was key to victory. Many a time I had died on the battlefield because of my fool-heartedness and lack of skill. However, there were times when my Sensei would be impressed at my bravery, how this little child could best some of the seniors in the dojo. Spirit can often times be used to make up for lack of skill, especially if you have the mindset: you are going to die, or we are both going to die. My brother is the complete opposite. He always chose Ryu as his favorite Street Fighter character, and with Ryu, you play more defensively and look for openings, and when you hit, you hit hard. In other words, it takes more patience and timing. He always did lose to me in a sword fight though, but it mostly had to do with his lack of spirit.

I miss those care-free days. Now my days are filled with deadlines of this and that, filled with busy schedules and meetings, and filled with tests after tests after tests. It’s like the life I once knew is fading away. Looking back, I wish I had taken more pictures. I wish I had taken a picture of myself at every pivotal moment of change. So I can take these pictures and keep my memories safe, because it doesn’t look like I’ll get to live that kind of care-free life for a while.

As an end note, I do remember something from my child, a movie no less. It’s called An American Tale. I’m sure you have heard of it. It's about a mouse family escaping the tyranny of their old goverment to America, the land of the free. The first time I saw this, I must have been 6 or 7 years old. It’s a beautiful story, for an American cartoon, and I watched it several times. Anyway, the most memorable part for me was when Fievel misses his younger sister Tanya after Fievel has been separated from his family in America. He sings this song I’ll never forget, and no doubt when you read the lyrics, you’ll have heard it from somewhere too. The lyrics goes:

Somewhere Out There

Somewhere out there
Beneath the pale moonlight
Someone’s thinking of me
And loving me tonight

Somewhere out there
Someone’s saying a prayer
That we’ll find one another
In that big somewhere out there

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we’re sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there
If love can see us through
Then we’ll be together
Somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true

Sometimes late at night, when the sky is clear and the stars are up and about, I think of you. Sometimes I think to myself, maybe Keira can’t sleep either and is up all night reading my letters and thinking about me too. Maybe, right? Well, probably not, since we live in different hemispheres. My night time is probably day time for you. But you get the point, right?

Does anyone have a song they play when they miss Keira's sweet embrace?

Richard
26-10-2004, 11:43 PM
So that's why you insist on making these threads. You hope for Keira to read them... that's... sweet.

Jacoby
26-10-2004, 11:43 PM
I love you, Fievel.

I also love Akuma.

Mandy
26-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Does anyone have a song they play when they miss Keira's sweet embrace?

"She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"

Narg
27-10-2004, 12:36 AM
Fuck off cock smoke, she dosnt read these forums.

Hazzle
27-10-2004, 01:07 AM
Fuck off cock smoke, she dosnt read these forums.

We don't know she doesn't, for the record. I mean she may well do if she's bored...who the fuck knows? Oh wait, she's not very tech savvy...so what? I know idiots who can at least master sufing the web...I AM one :p

Anyway...if Nearoka wants to write, why should we stop him? Personally I'd guess stuff like this would be better in a blog...but I've heard of people using forum threads as a form of "blog" so why shouldn't he?

I think people just pick on Nearoka these days to look big and clever, because everyone's doing it. It takes no balls (largely why I no longer do it) because you know everyone else has your back. It takes real balls to go after someone knowing you may make some enemies. I think people just do it now to show off, but it doesn't quite work. I mean I criticise Nearoka still, but only when I have fucking cause...there isn't any here.

So yeah, leave him alone fucktards.

Richard
27-10-2004, 01:13 AM
Haz has a point. Wait what am I saying? Killjoy.

Let's leave NearokA alone... he'll wait for eternity to get what he wants - but that's beside the point.

Jacoby
27-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Leave him alone. He said he usually pics Akuma or Ken. I was just warming up to him.

Anyways, that wasn't as bad of a read as others might say. Slightly interesting. Good work, NaerokA.

bob
27-10-2004, 01:17 AM
actually haz, i just can't stand idiots (i'm not being ironic, shut up) from having a good education and from being brought up in a household that encouraged THINKING, i find it hard meeting people who don't really... think.

Nearoka is one of those few people who make me cringe inwardly. it's almost embarassing to read his posts, because if he is in fact a real person presenting very real thoughts/opinions then that scares me. it saddens me, disappoints me, etc.

however i'm willing to believe that he's a construct. a persona adopted by someone with a sense of humour. that's what i'm willing to believe....

NearokA
27-10-2004, 02:22 AM
Nearoka is one of those few people who make me cringe inwardly. it's almost embarassing to read his posts, because if he is in fact a real person presenting very real thoughts/opinions then that scares me. it saddens me, disappoints me, etc.

however i'm willing to believe that he's a construct. a persona adopted by someone with a sense of humour. that's what i'm willing to believe....

Love you too Bob. Say, how about you write a letter to Keira too? Most of this is...free writing. If you wanted me to post 10 page essays, why didn't you say so bob? I'll be happy to post one, you just give me the word, and you have to promise you'll read it. keke.

Hm, bob, there appeared to be a number of grammar mistakes. lol. Don't worry though, I edited now. Remind me to lay off the sake while I'm writing...

Jasper
27-10-2004, 03:00 AM
It takes real balls to go after someone knowing you may make some enemies.

Fuck you Hazzle! :p

bob
27-10-2004, 04:21 AM
Fuck you Hazzle! :p
picking on haz, jasper? that is so incredibly low (heh) :D

Love you too Bob. Say, how about you write a letter to Keira too? Most of this is...free writing. If you wanted me to post 10 page essays, why didn't you say so bob? I'll be happy to post one, you just give me the word, and you have to promise you'll read it. keke.

Hm, bob, there appeared to be a number of grammar mistakes. lol. Don't worry though, I edited now. Remind me to lay off the sake while I'm writing...
i don't get it... you're korean. why are you trying so hard to be japanese?

you have got to be a joke. a well crafted yet very cruel joke. i refuse to believe otherwise.

deviljet88
27-10-2004, 09:02 AM
3 words: Make a blog.

Dear Keira,

I love you too.

From, Jet

Narg
27-10-2004, 09:56 AM
3 words: Make a blog.

Dear Keira,

I love you too.

From, Jet

Excellent post,
I dont hate NearokA and bag him out because its the 'trend', I do it because he is a moron. Seriously, if you wanted to meet keira THAT BAD, why would you be posting on a forum about it ?, stop smoking, get a job, fly there, and do it. Dont just write about it... jeez.

hasselbrad
27-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Memories...pressed between the pages of my mind.
Galaga was my favorite videogame. I really liked it when I got the double ship on a challenge stage. Wow!
I liked Pole Position too. I was really good on the oval track. I had many a high score on the oval...always on the pole. Boy...that sounds really gay..."always on the pole". :err:
Photographs are really neat inventions. As are corn dogs. And M&Ms. Mmmm. I'd like to give a big hug to whoever invented those.

NearokA
27-10-2004, 01:36 PM
i don't get it... you're korean. why are you trying so hard to be japanese?

you have got to be a joke. a well crafted yet very cruel joke. i refuse to believe otherwise.

Since when was liking the Japanese a crime? I've always liked the Japanese...I met some Japanese foreign exhange students, nice people, very nice sake drinkers. hehe. And what's not to like about sushi?

Excellent post,
I dont hate NearokA and bag him out because its the 'trend', I do it because he is a moron. Seriously, if you wanted to meet keira THAT BAD, why would you be posting on a forum about it ?, stop smoking, get a job, fly there, and do it. Dont just write about it... jeez.

The woman has to come to you, otherwise, it's considered stalking.

Memories...pressed between the pages of my mind.
Galaga was my favorite videogame. I really liked it when I got the double ship on a challenge stage. Wow!

Whoa Hassel, you're hella oldschool! lol. I remember Galaga! Like tetris, one hell of an addicting game.

Spire
27-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Honestly, I told you this way back when you were first making this shitty threads, get an online journal or something and just put a link to it in your signature. Please do that, for our sakes, and stop making these threads.

DragonRat
27-10-2004, 11:24 PM
I kinda don't really read your posts, NearokA. I just end up reading what other people say about them, and reply accordingly. Actually, I skim through your stuff, and I believe you would make a wonderful kindergarten teacher, simply because you are describing an 'arcade' to Keira. Any child who does not have an idea about an 'arcade' seriously is lacking in social skills (or mannerisms).

Let's see: as for "missing you" songs, I can make a playlist or summat like it.

Maroon 5 - "Sweetest Goodbye"
Coldplay - "Warning Sign"
Incubus - "I Miss You"
Snow Patrol - "Run"
Dido - "Here With Me"
Finch - "Letters To You (acoustic)"
Death Cab for Cutie - "Transatlanticism"
Keane - "Something In Me Was Dying"
Elliott Smith - "Say Yes"
The Shins - "Pink Bullets"
Travis - "Luv"
U2 - "Bad"
Dashboard Confessional - "Nightswimming"
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - "Guinnevere"
Simon & Garfunkel - "To Emily, Whenever I May Find Her"
Beatles - "Here, There And Everywhere"

Oh, and your writing reminds me of how I used to write six years ago.

NearokA
28-10-2004, 02:41 AM
Oh, and your writing reminds me of how I used to write six years ago.

I find that simpicity is what makes people respond. So I keep things simple. No doubt you had no trouble at all understanding what I was saying. Why do you think complicated is always better? Oh, you should probably go back to the way you wrote six years ago. I find that children often write better than adults. It's not how they say it, but it's what they say that matters.

Actually, I skim through your stuff, and I believe you would make a wonderful kindergarten teacher, simply because you are describing an 'arcade' to Keira. Any child who does not have an idea about an 'arcade' seriously is lacking in social skills (or mannerisms).

I also find your comment about arcades to be arrogant. Who are you to judge me? Who are you, who obviously knows nothing of Street Fighter, to even comment on it? Who are you, who obviously knows nothing about me, to even comment on my personality? Do not put me and Spire in the same groupings. We are not the same.

You're still a child, Dragon. It's quite obvious. Like Hassel, you still do not understand. But perhaps this will give you something to think about:

So Socrates, what of sticks and stones and mud, do you find philosophy in that?

Socrates: No, I do not waste my time with such things.

Then you are no philosopher! For even the sticks and stones and mud have something to say! For even the sticks and stones and mud need to be philosophically examined!

One day Dragon, your experience will mature and you will see that everything is art. Everything is philosophy! And you will open your mind to all things of the world, however insignificant, and marvel at their elegance and skill. Or you will be 32, and still never see it. Children are more open minded than any adult I've ever met. You need only to examine the sex forums to see the narrow mindedness of these forums.

Spire
28-10-2004, 03:00 AM
And from that day forward DragonRat, you'll spend your days making shitty threads, flirting in and out of shady back-alley coffee shops, and trying to find the "inner meaning" in pointless objects and events. And then everyone will hate you, but you'll be blind to that, obsessed with your own false sense of self-importance. You'll completely ignore the warnings and thoughts of everyone else who doesn't agree with you, and, in your mind, you'll never ever be wrong. It total, you'll be a cock jockey deluxe.

Elijahfan
28-10-2004, 03:46 AM
have u ever thought about writing keira's agency place in england, then i'm sure she can get all your poems, songs, etc. and spend her wonderful free time reading every single word you happen to think of and put on paper. seriously, all your threads are basically the same rant over and over again. we get it, you like keira, you think about her constantly and what you would say, which song you would play, etc for her. either get your own blog site or send it to her in the mail. you're an artistic person but you're sending it to the wrong audience, we like keira too but we arent keira.

i'm not trying to be mean but it's just repetative-ness that's happening here. everyone can see it, nothing constructive is going on. and that's the disturbingly annoying part.

DragonRat
28-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Ouch. I'm hurt. Perhaps I misjudged you, but you still misjudge me. I miss the good old days of Street Fighter II, when the occasional Balrog master would appear out of nowhere to kick the ass of the amateur Ken man. I wish I could spend my days more often, playing away Final Fantasy VII or Xenogears and immerse myself in the storylines and Uematsu-inspired orchestrations.

But you again misjudge me, if you think my philosophies are so narrow. I can tell you read a lot of Socratic and Platonic dialogues; your supposed philosophical meditations sound a bit too much like old Greek men talking about justice and piety. (And I'll just state your Eidos thread will probably go nowhere, though I see some potential. It's going to end up aporetic, much like many of Socrates' conversations.)

Spire
28-10-2004, 06:31 AM
Ouch. I'm hurt. Perhaps I misjudged you, but you still misjudge me. I miss the good old days of Street Fighter II, when the occasional Balrog master would appear out of nowhere to kick the ass of the amateur Ken man. I wish I could spend my days more often, playing away Final Fantasy VII or Xenogears and immerse myself in the storylines and Uematsu-inspired orchestrations.

But you again misjudge me, if you think my philosophies are so narrow. I can tell you read a lot of Socratic and Platonic dialogues; your supposed philosophical meditations sound a bit too much like old Greek men talking about justice and piety. (And I'll just state your Eidos thread will probably go nowhere, though I see some potential. It's going to end up aporetic, much like many of Socrates' conversations.)

Quick Note: Xenogears rocks. Go back to your bickering.

NearokA
28-10-2004, 02:17 PM

I was just asking questions. What I wanted to do was start from somewhere, namely all the preconceptions people had about things and together we can arrive at something more meaningful, rather than me just spouting out what I believe.

And you still know nothing of street fighter...lol.

hasselbrad
28-10-2004, 02:29 PM
What do I not understand?
I think I have a pretty solid grasp on the fact that you live in some sort of fantasy world. I see you write verbose, lilting posts confessing a deep loneliness. Then, I see you post how women can't get enough of you because you are a player. You post advice about how to keep a relationship going even though you've confessed to having one serious relationship...at the age of seventeen. You profess to know about women, yet you post questions asking women what kind of guy they like.
You live in a fantasy world and you like to hear yourself talk.
I understand, perfectly.

NearokA
28-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Hassel, you're confused. Let me clarify. Ahem.

What do I not understand?

Everything. hehe. :p

I think I have a pretty solid grasp on the fact that you live in some sort of fantasy world. I see you write verbose, lilting posts confessing a deep loneliness.

The loneliness was my choice. Meaning, I could be in a relationship right now if I wanted.

Then, I see you post how women can't get enough of you because you are a player.

I never said that, but nevertheless, you and Meggie keep bringing it up for reasons unknown to me. I said that the key was to make the woman chase you. Those other examples were for Mags / Gracie. They didn't think I was serious or perhaps they were confused. I had to illustrate explicitly with examples. I didn't want to, but it was the only way.

Shhh, Hassel, women aren't suppose to know you're a player. The key is to be subtle and not flamboyant. That was advice to men, not to women.

You post advice about how to keep a relationship going even though you've confessed to having one serious relationship...at the age of seventeen.

Hey, you got something right. YAy! Those were theories Hassel. I admitted that before. Keeping a woman is hard, and I only had theories from what I info gathered about married people and people in long relationships and from just acute observations.

You profess to know about women, yet you post questions asking women what kind of guy they like.

That was just to get feedback. Besides, I was bored with my look and I wanted something new. And what can I say, I like talking to women! hehe.

You live in a fantasy world and you like to hear yourself talk.

Mostly right. I would much rather hear the woman talk. I like to watch the movement of cats, and of dogs, and of ants, etc. I especially enjoy watching the movement of a woman. The way her lips move, the way her body moves, the way her eyes move; that would just fascinate the hell outta me. lol. I'm also very soft spoken, I think I mentioned that before. I don't really talk much. I do think alot though.

I understand, perfectly.

Nope.

hasselbrad
28-10-2004, 04:11 PM
"So today I decide to comb my hair. Sleek it back and let my bangs fall loosely. And then at a 30 degree angle, I shake my head a bit to let the pomade volumize my hair. My bangs reach down just past my eyes. So anyway, I was running on a treadmill in my tight underarmor gear and this blonde girl walks by. She was gorgeous. I could tell by the way she wore tight clothing that she took care of her body good. She was staring at me as she passed by and her friend next to her was blabbing on about something. 5 seconds goes by and the woman is still looking at me. So I give her a glance, you know, a look straight into her eyes, then down at her hips, then back at her eyes. She runs into her friend. I was laughing.

Now, under normal circumstances, I would have approached her and said, "Hullo, that's some crazy lookin' track pants you got there, did you get it at a flea market or something?" in a sexy voice. My sexy voice differs from my normal voice. I talk a bit lower, and a bit slower. And I ask those kinds of general questions that keeps her talking and me just chillin', watching her body language. And believe me, women love to talk, especially if they're interested. But you know, I was running and when you're running for 30 minutes, you can't stop, and business before pleasure. Always. Unless it's Keira giving me those looks.

And it's not like this was a special case. Last winter, I was late for my physics lecture and I was wearing my gap suede leather coat. I had shaggy, messy hair with brown and blonde highlights at the time. Anyway, so this beautiful tall blonde girl with gorgeous baby blue eyes come out of the chemistry building (it was on my way) and just tops and looks at me, in the eyes no less. I just said, "Hi, sup?" I was late for physics, damnit! I pay 6 grand for tution every quarter (3 quarters a year). And you know, I couldn't give up a physics lecture for a little bit of ass. That sort of thing gets people in trouble, you know, with grades and all."

So...did this happen in theory or reality?
Why should I shush? You're the one who claims to be a player.
Seems to me a player would be willing to cut short a run or skip one physics lesson to make the acquaintance of pretty young ladies. If you are such a dedicated scholar, I would imagine you've insulated your grades enough that one missed class would not be the end of the world...especially to "fuck a high class ho", as I believe you phrased it in one of your posts.

"Remeber players, they just women. There'll always be beer to drink and high class hoes to fuck. Get up off your lazy ass and try again."

And yes...there it is.

NearokA
28-10-2004, 05:48 PM
"So today I decide to comb my hair. Sleek it back and let my bangs fall loosely. And then at a 30 degree angle, I shake my head a bit to let the pomade volumize my hair. My bangs reach down just past my eyes. So anyway, I was running on a treadmill in my tight underarmor gear and this blonde girl walks by. She was gorgeous. I could tell by the way she wore tight clothing that she took care of her body good. She was staring at me as she passed by and her friend next to her was blabbing on about something. 5 seconds goes by and the woman is still looking at me. So I give her a glance, you know, a look straight into her eyes, then down at her hips, then back at her eyes. She runs into her friend. I was laughing.

Now, under normal circumstances, I would have approached her and said, "Hullo, that's some crazy lookin' track pants you got there, did you get it at a flea market or something?" in a sexy voice. My sexy voice differs from my normal voice. I talk a bit lower, and a bit slower. And I ask those kinds of general questions that keeps her talking and me just chillin', watching her body language. And believe me, women love to talk, especially if they're interested. But you know, I was running and when you're running for 30 minutes, you can't stop, and business before pleasure. Always. Unless it's Keira giving me those looks.

And it's not like this was a special case. Last winter, I was late for my physics lecture and I was wearing my gap suede leather coat. I had shaggy, messy hair with brown and blonde highlights at the time. Anyway, so this beautiful tall blonde girl with gorgeous baby blue eyes come out of the chemistry building (it was on my way) and just tops and looks at me, in the eyes no less. I just said, "Hi, sup?" I was late for physics, damnit! I pay 6 grand for tution every quarter (3 quarters a year). And you know, I couldn't give up a physics lecture for a little bit of ass. That sort of thing gets people in trouble, you know, with grades and all."

So...did this happen in theory or reality?
Why should I shush? You're the one who claims to be a player.
Seems to me a player would be willing to cut short a run or skip one physics lesson to make the acquaintance of pretty young ladies. If you are such a dedicated scholar, I would imagine you've insulated your grades enough that one missed class would not be the end of the world...especially to "fuck a high class ho", as I believe you phrased it in one of your posts.

"Remeber players, they just women. There'll always be beer to drink and high class hoes to fuck. Get up off your lazy ass and try again."

And yes...there it is.

Hassel, you love me, you really love me! hehe.

I already explained that post. Please re-read my responses. Business before pleasure, remember that Hassel. I went to school for physics, not meeting women. Likewise, I went to a fitness center to get buff, not to be distracted by fine pieces of ass. Get your priorties straight before doing things.

The high class hoes and beer is for when you get burned. lol. Cuz really, you only want women for relationship or sex, right? If you get burned for a relationship, you might as well consult a woman who's job is to pleasure you...I'm sure there is a very big difference in experience, having sex with just someone you meet, or having sex with a high class hooker. I'm sure there is also a very big difference in experience relationship wise as well. It just depends on what you are looking for.

My definition of player and your definition of player seems to be two different things. Playerology is the study of women, and loving women. Therefore, being a player is one who is simply in love with women. What's wrong with that? Or will the women now say it is wrong to love them...that wouldn't be a surprise to me.

And Hassel, this is excellent. You should have been asking me questions before the thread was locked, I would have been happy! Instead, all you did was spam, like so many others. Well, at least now you're being to ask me why is this, why is that, instead of just insulting me.

hasselbrad
28-10-2004, 06:52 PM
You should be a politician. Really.

dying to live
29-10-2004, 12:01 AM
As you people could see Nearoka has posted many threads to Keira.
you can tell this guy has an obsession..... ( many people do, but they have control of it )

if your angry,
don't post, i think he just wants attention.

Hazzle
29-10-2004, 12:59 AM
The man just likes to write. Let the man write. Sheesh people, at least he fucking posts...some of you construct threads. His cause fights, and at least people reply...it's always a good start. You people need stirring up anyway. This place without stirring up is deader than a man eating a bacon sandwich in a mosque wearing a "I hate Muslims" T-Shirt.

bob
29-10-2004, 10:18 AM
i hate muslims. no, that's not actually correct.

i hate malays. there we go. (if you're malay, don't take it personally)

Hazzle
29-10-2004, 04:07 PM
i hate muslims. no, that's not actually correct.

i hate malays. there we go. (if you're malay, don't take it personally)

I actually thought the bacon sandwich bit was funnier myself...

dying to live
30-10-2004, 04:37 AM
The man just likes to write. Let the man write. Sheesh people, at least he fucking posts...some of you construct threads. His cause fights, and at least people reply...it's always a good start. You people need stirring up anyway. This place without stirring up is deader than a man eating a bacon sandwich in a mosque wearing a "I hate Muslims" T-Shirt.

Ah, i guess your right...
:read: fahrenheit 451 owns