PDA

View Full Version : Ashlee Simpson Lip Syncs

CFC
24-10-2004, 09:55 PM
This happened on Saturday Night Live last night.
OWNED ON LIVE TV.

Hopefully now she will walk off the music scene for life.

Here (http://www.osmethne.com/lipsync.avi)

frodo1511
24-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I watched that last night. Poor girl, now her career's doomed.

DOOMED

CFC
24-10-2004, 10:01 PM
That is a good thing.

frodo1511
24-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Well, I prefer her over her dumbass sister.

Richard
24-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Ha. What is the point in lipsyncing anyway? Are they too lazy to play or sing their own stuff?

I'm sad. Wait no I'm not.

Jacoby
24-10-2004, 10:24 PM
If CFC's original link didn't work...use this one: http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv

Haha, that's awesome. I like her little jig. Lol.

Edit: The weird part is when she's not singing the music isn't that bad. Weird. They're not great, but without Ashlee, they're not shit.

Dyce_Blue
24-10-2004, 11:47 PM
How about that Irish Crip walk she kept trying to do...

I hope that she never makes another song ever. I also hope she turns into a hermit and stays inside all day, but this time without TV cameras.

Louie
25-10-2004, 12:20 AM
That's the end of her career right there...........That has to be one of the most embarasing things that could ever happen......

Jasper
25-10-2004, 12:50 AM
Please let what happened to milli vanilli happen to her.

Jacoby
25-10-2004, 12:50 AM
Please let what happened to milli vanilli happen to her.

You want her to kill half of herself?

Ashley
25-10-2004, 01:08 AM
a lot of people don't actually sing on live TV too much crap can go wrong with the sound and what not. Take for instance Whitney Houston's famous and moving redition of US nation athem at the super bowl years ago. Lip Synced. I'm not saying I'm a fan of Ashlee Simpson, as far as I'm concerned just because your sister can sing doesn't mean you can sing. But it's very common for people not to actually sing live.
Also, if anyone ever watched her show on MTV, she sings wrong and is subsequnetly ruining her vocal chords, much like Charlotte Church.

CFC
25-10-2004, 01:10 AM
http://img91.exs.cx/img91/3611/wtfdance.gif

Jacoby
25-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Also, if anyone ever watched her show on MTV, she sings wrong and is subsequnetly ruining her vocal chords, much like Charlotte Church.

She sings wrong? Explain.

NearokA
25-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Don't all the little bubblegum pop stars lipsynch nowadays? I heard even Madonna lipsynchs. I can somewhat sympathize, I mean, those tours are hard work. But then again, they do charge a few hundred bones for tickets...

marry rich people
25-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Wow CFC, that video clip you posted is probably one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. She looks like a freaking oompa-loompa or some Irish jig dancer on drugs. Wow that's hilarious.

johnnyboy
25-10-2004, 02:51 AM
You know, shes ruined, imagine having Jude Law introduce you and then having the world find out you lip-syncs. Tthe days of the cookie cutter pop-stars are numbered. I for one shall set off a series of loud fireworks when that day comes. :)

Ashley
25-10-2004, 05:39 AM
She sings wrong? Explain.

There was an episode in which her vocal chords were being thrashed by her singing. I think she was sick or something in the episode, but still you can tell by her voice it's not natural and she forces a lot of it.

mufiman
25-10-2004, 06:05 AM
Ashlee Simpson on: Lip-synching

Source: Lucky Magazine

LM: What are your takes on lip-synching?

AS: I'm totally against it and offended by it.
I'm going out to let my real talent show, not
to just stand there and dance around. Personally,
I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

bob
25-10-2004, 07:02 AM
in actual fact it's not her vocals which are pre-recorded, it's the back-up band. so basically the band is there faking their instruments while she sings along to a pre-recorded musical backup track.

i still reckon she lip synchs though... but maybe she's just very good at sounding like her record voice.

deviljet88
25-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Heard just then she was blaming her band. Meh, never liked her in the first place.

Elijahfan
25-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Wow CFC, that video clip you posted is probably one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. She looks like a freaking oompa-loompa or some Irish jig dancer on drugs. Wow that's hilarious.

i thought the same thing about her dancing when i saw it, i was like 'what the hell?' and i burst out laughing, totally oompa-loompa dancing. how embarassing, then she blamed it on her band at the end of the show. i hope this ruins her forever, or that if her career still manages to continue that no one ever forgets this episode of lipsyncing

Jacoby
25-10-2004, 07:31 PM
in actual fact it's not her vocals which are pre-recorded, it's the back-up band. so basically the band is there faking their instruments while she sings along to a pre-recorded musical backup track.

Nope, the band played their instruments. If you saw it, the guitarist stomped his distortion and began to 'jam' because it was his chance to shine.

Kelsey
25-10-2004, 07:50 PM
1.) Everyone lip-synchs live these days.
2.) The fact that she lip-synchs isn't what will ruin her - it's the way she handled herself. A hoedown? WTF? If her band played the wrong song, why didn't she just sing the song they played.

I hope, for her sake, it's not something like this that will ruin her career. I, personally, couldn't care either way.

ryan
25-10-2004, 09:58 PM
she's dumb for not going with it and singing the right song.
she's got to know the lyrics and how to sing it by now.

i read somewhere that there was "computer error" and it started playing the wrong track. it was supposed to play just a instrumental part of a different song and instead it played what we all heard saturday night.

Louie
25-10-2004, 10:13 PM
i read somewhere that there was "computer error" and it started playing the wrong track. it was supposed to play just a instrumental part of a different song and instead it played what we all heard saturday night.

Yeah, I am sure that's what happened. :icon_roll

Ashley
25-10-2004, 10:42 PM
It's messed up she blamed her band, that's what was the real kicker. Plus the fact that she did a "hoe down" instead of just going with it was possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.... although I did have a good laugh.

frodo1511
25-10-2004, 11:09 PM
AS: I'm totally against it and offended by it.
I'm going out to let my real talent show, not
to just stand there and dance around. Personally,
I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

HAHA o my god, that's the funniest thing I read all day. I tell you, it's a conspiracy, more and more people are lip-syncing these days, it's a crisis.

Dyce_Blue
26-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Oh man! That skit on SNL last week of Ashlee Simpson dancing around like a fool while her pre-recorded voice played in the background was hilarious. They really know how to write 'em.

Oh wait, that wasn't a skit.

Too bad, because SNL is going in the crapper.

Jacoby
26-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Too bad, because SNL is going in the crapper.

I'd rather have them go in the crapper rather than on my floor. Mad TV always leaves piles of shit on my bathroom tile. Those fuckers.

bob
26-10-2004, 01:27 AM
i got mixed up. i thought they said that they played the wrong backingtrack, instead of the band playing the wrong song to go with her PRERECORDED VOCALS. and although she sucks, that doesn't give her an excuse to dance like a fool.

lip-synching sucks mucho asso. i can understand it in asia, they have huge concerts with dancers and flashy costumes with an arena of 50 000 crazy asian fans. heck, i can even understand it with britney. she sounds like shit anyway, all people wanna see is the dancing. but when you're someone like ashlee simpson (or hilary duff) where their 'real' performances consist of walking around on stage miming. $80 well spent.

Renegade
26-10-2004, 03:16 AM
It's a sign of her imaturity as a performer. How old is she? 18? She should of just played along and continue to sing the song, even though it was the wrong one. And doing the silly dance isn't going to make matters better.

It's all part of the learning process I guess. Good luck to her career...or atleast what's left of it.

deviljet88
26-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Heard on the radio, that after people flooded her website, fans complaining and dislikers flaming, she's replied she's got a good enough management team to keep her career going, so basically she doesn't give a flying fuck. This is going to hurt her and I'm going to enjoy how it will :)

hasselbrad
26-10-2004, 12:38 PM
I didn't realize she had more than one song. :p
OBTW...James Brown didn't lip-synch. He just got on the scene...like a sex mo-sheen.

marry rich people
26-10-2004, 09:26 PM
I read yesterday that her dad/manager said they used pre-recorded vocals because her acid reflux disease was causing her too much pain to sing well.

frodo1511
26-10-2004, 10:03 PM
I read yesterday that her dad/manager said they used pre-recorded vocals because her acid reflux disease was causing her too much pain to sing well.

*cough* bullshit *cough*

Does anyone know if she sung LIVE last night on the Radio City Awards last night?

bob
26-10-2004, 11:25 PM
i'm pretty sure she didn't sing live at the teen choice awards earlier this year either.

acid reflux disease? what the... is it there 24/7?

Ashley
27-10-2004, 12:00 AM
acid reflux is basically constant heart burn. The acid goes up to the throat, really not fun as I had a minor case a while back.

bob
27-10-2004, 12:24 AM
they have pills for that :)

Jacoby
27-10-2004, 12:25 AM
they have pills for that :)

Ashlee's alergic to those pills. Lip-synching is her only option.

deviljet88
27-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Or cancelling the show's offer. Stupid girl, serves her right. If you're going to appear to despise lip-syncing so much you should quit than lip-sync. *posts more "I hate Ashlee Simpson" stuff*

Allanon
28-10-2004, 10:37 AM
People let´s not forget she´s a Simpson the world would vanish in a flaming hell if the two sisters would do a duett.
Let´s just hope that they don´t do that. And I´m sure everybody knows that the Simpsons is supposed to be funny.

PS. the last bit is refering to the fat lasy cartoon family.

Sorry Hazzel but everyone might not have gotten it if I didn´t write it down.

Hazzle
28-10-2004, 09:00 PM
PS. the last bit is refering to the fat lasy cartoon family.

It's a mighty shame you added that. See the joke was obvious, and actually rather funny (not hilarious, but funny), but the little explanation kinda ruined the impact. Such is life, I suppose. <sighs>.

Elijahfan
28-10-2004, 11:26 PM
god...i still laugh when i heard her name now....still can't get over the freakish dancing part. it's been sticking to my mind more than the not singing part.