PDA

View Full Version : Thieving Bastards

barrington
24-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed that every other Keira Knightley website in existence has pretty much copy-and-pasted the KKW introductory paragraph from the website and just moved it round a bit for their own purposes?

Imagination was at an all-time low on the internet fansite front...

:icon_err:

Sarah
24-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Show us! I want to read it all for myself.

frodo1511
24-10-2004, 07:20 PM
No I haven't Barrington, mainly because KKW is THE BEST KEIRA SITE. So why would I go elsewhere? But please, do show us.

Hazzle
24-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Don't go to other Keira sites. I'm kinda over the KK obsession and just hang around for the people. But yeah, if you wanna show us, I'd love to see and rip the holy shit out of pretenders to the Wavefront crown.

frodo1511
24-10-2004, 07:31 PM
I'd love to see and rip the holy shit out of pretenders to the Wavefront crown.

Count me in for the shit-ripping. Pisses me off when people use the same shit as others becuase they are too lazy/don't have the imagination to make up their own backgrounds. A holy war I shall go on, any other volunteers?

Elijahfan
24-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Count me in for the shit-ripping. Pisses me off when people use the same shit as others becuase they are too lazy/don't have the imagination to make up their own backgrounds. A holy war I shall go on, any other volunteers?

oh those asses! i want to hop on this wagon shit-ripping

Hazzle
24-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah, let's announce a Jihad on their arses. What? Did I say something inappropriate? :icon_ange

frodo1511
24-10-2004, 11:40 PM
What? Did I say something inappropriate?

No you didn't Hazz, it was strictly professional.

Narg
25-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Who cares, its just an intro paragraph. Im sure they dont get more hits because of it..

Jacoby
25-10-2004, 01:22 AM
Who cares, its just an intro paragraph. Im sure they dont get more hits because of it..

He's pretty much saying he's sorry and he'll change it.

deviljet88
25-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Yay we're setting the standard. Don't look at other kk fansites though, unless its a gallery, so post examples :)

apoggy
25-10-2004, 12:09 PM
How contradictory Jet.

Those bitches should be sued, that was your intellectual property....

Leonie
07-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Funny how the fansite in dukeyou's signature (http://www.keiraknightleyfansite.com) has an intro that is amazingly familiar to those who visit KKW. In a word for word kind of way.

You'd think that people would have something to write about themselves now that she's done so many different things...

Some things never change :D

Digital_Ice
07-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Lets sue 'em for copyright infringement.

...maybe I should code in an invisible accreditation, that gets copied when they steal our content

Hazzle
07-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I never visit the homepage anymore (a bad habit formed over the years I've been here) but thanks to this thread I just did. Possibly not the most on-topic response (but when am I ever on-topic?) but I fucking love the new redesign of the front page. I may start checking out the homepage more often.

I've long advocated a "blog-like" design to the news section but could never effectively communicate what I meant, but now I see the front page and it's EXACTLY what I was thinking of. Kudos to whoever came up with the idea of the "Welcome back" section, I love it. Both sidebars look great although if I could make just one suggestion the "latest forum threads", which I assume runs off the RSS feed, could do with either having more items or "teaser" snippets. Great work though.

Digital_Ice
07-11-2007, 03:51 PM
don't get to used to it... we're redoing it.... eventually.

Hazzle
07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Bah! I really like the layout, particularly the way the news is laid out down the middle.

frodo1511
07-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Me likes the shiny, slick grafix on the top bar.