PDA

View Full Version : Surviving

NearokA
21-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. I was on campus for 15 hours of the day. I had about 7 hours of lecture and lab. Then I went to the career fair for 3 hours. Talking to those recruiters drained so much of my energy. By the end of it, I was just introducing myself, telling them my interests, giving them my resume, and leaving.

I spent four years in school. Four years of studying, thousands of dollars on books and tuition, and many projects. Ugh. And this is what I have to look forward to? Lame ass shit. Half of those guys there didn't even really do "engineering" work anyway. Most of it was, let's find a bitch boy to crunch all the numbers and analyze the data. Hm. I could have done that shit in high school! Come on!

So I asked them, are you doing anything cutting edge? What about protein self assembly? Nano-machine smart drug delivery? Bio-mimetics? Bio-materials? ANY kind of research?? I guess having been exposed to so much theory in school, I sort of am accustomed to it now. I'm going to grad school. I'm only going to work in industry if there is no other choice.

So, to keep my sanity, I went home and cleaned up my bonsai trees. I have two of them, they're japanese maples. Both of them are 2 years old this feburary. I really like trees and plants. I think it has alot to do with my mother. I'll prolly let my trees grow to about 3-4 feet before pruning their roots and branches. If I get really gosu at it, I might be able to sell them for a few hundred dollars! lol. Not that I'd ever sell my babies though. So far they're about 1.5 feet, so maybe a few more years of growing. Anyways, talking to my trees really helped me to calm down. You guys should try it too!

Mandy
21-10-2004, 03:19 PM
You have plants? That you take care of? You are not male.

Hazzle
21-10-2004, 03:21 PM

What she said.

And as for that mind-numbingly dull post (and coming from me that's quite an insult)...I care...why?

hasselbrad
21-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Unless, of course, they can be smoked.

Hazzle
21-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Unless, of course, they can be smoked.

Hmmm...Hassel makes a good point. The question still remains...why do we care Nearoka? Have you yet managed to post anything of general interest on general discussion? No, didn't think so.

acliff
21-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Hmmm...Hassel makes a good point. The question still remains...why do we care Nearoka? Have you yet managed to post anything of general interest on general discussion? No, didn't think so.

Neither have you. But yet you're back. Just comes to show what the wavefront has become.

Hazzle
21-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Neither have you. But yet you're back. Just comes to show what the wavefront has become.

Coming from you that's quite a compliment. Seeing how unfunny you've been in months, just goes to show what The Cliffeh has become...shame...as you USED to be a funny, decent guy...now you're just a dick. Maybe you and Nearoka should get together ;)

We all know The Haz's return was simply a symptom of the departure of the Cliffeh months back...what's left should probably pack his bags and go...and stop being a whiny girl. What, you didn't get your way so now you're threatening to leave? Ironic since that's what you accused me of when I left...remember?

Mandy
21-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Ok, Ok, break it up you two...

Haz, go stand in the corner for a timeout, and Cliff...you've been bad, go to my room. :p

NearokA
21-10-2004, 03:48 PM

Yes I have plants. My mother and I have been really close these past 5 years. We talk alot about culturing trees and planning gardens. I'm going to buy lots of land and create a huge garden one day. I'm weird.

I love my plants though. They have beautiful leaves late summer. The colors are very vibrant. Quite often though, I find beauty in their symmetry.

Mandy
21-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Yes I have plants. My mother and I have been really close these past 5 years. We talk alot about culturing trees and planning gardens. I'm going to buy lots of land and create a huge garden one day. I'm weird.

I love my plants though. They have beautiful leaves late summer. The colors are very vibrant. Quite often though, I find beauty in their symmetry.

:| ... Quite.

Hazzle
21-10-2004, 03:50 PM
You talk so much shit.

Jasper
21-10-2004, 05:08 PM

No, your gay.

acliff
21-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Coming from you that's quite a compliment. Seeing how unfunny you've been in months, just goes to show what The Cliffeh has become...shame...as you USED to be a funny, decent guy...now you're just a dick. Maybe you and Nearoka should get together ;)

We all know The Haz's return was simply a symptom of the departure of the Cliffeh months back...what's left should probably pack his bags and go...and stop being a whiny girl. What, you didn't get your way so now you're threatening to leave? Ironic since that's what you accused me of when I left...remember?

Unlike Mandy, I will not divulge what was said to others. Suffice to say, my problem with you being on KKW is because I decided a couple of days ago that I didn't want any contact with you, for both of our sakes. Why I will not say, but now that you are on KKW and its quite hard to moderate without reading what you say, as to be honest you do post everywhere, I am considering honouring my own decision, and staying away from you.

barrington
21-10-2004, 08:02 PM
thanks then.