PDA

View Full Version : King Arthur promotions

KnightleyNews
18-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Article from Thursday's Variety on Disney's decision to put Keira centre-stage on the KA promo bus:
http://www.worldmoviemag.com/index.php?request=News&key=306

Paul

apoggy
18-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Just moved this to the dedicated King Arthur board, otherwise there is no point in having it

deviljet88
19-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Ooo Keira cardboard pop outs in cinema... I see, she's grabbed centre stage, cool.

Newell4keira
19-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Thats unlucky for deviljet, but i think i will be able to get in, plus i am 15 in August

Hazzle
19-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Pffft...who actually checks ID at cinemas? I've never been checked, even when I was underage...no longer a problem of course, being an elder statesman of 23, but are they really that bad at cinemas near you guys?

Flightfreak
19-06-2004, 06:41 PM
yep they are, if you are lucky and look older than 16 schould it be no problem ;)
lucky i am 19 :D

Hazzle
19-06-2004, 08:44 PM
Ahh well...I'm seeing it :)

Kelsey
19-06-2004, 09:24 PM
We check IDs at my theater, but only because it's fun when the dumb ones keep trying to lie about their age.

I read the novelization of the script and have mixed feelings. I hope the movie is good, better than the book. One thing I did like is they twisted around the characters relationships a bit, and the movie should be bloody.

Glow
19-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Sorry but who watched "King Arthur"?? :)

apoggy
19-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Its not out yet. Try growing a brain before posting in future. thank you, come again

Vertical Vortex
19-06-2004, 11:19 PM
We check IDs at my theater, but only because it's fun when the dumb ones keep trying to lie about their age.

I read the novelization of the script and have mixed feelings. I hope the movie is good, better than the book. One thing I did like is they twisted around the characters relationships a bit, and the movie should be bloody.

hey you work at a theater? hehe, i have to ask those 12 year old pimps for there id... and the've allways forgot those... and dindnt know to bring those with them... when tho movie is 16+ rated...

Hazzle
20-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Its not out yet. Try growing a brain before posting in future. thank you, come again

Oh don't invite the half-brained dimwits back Poggs... :p Don't management reserve the right to refuse to serve those below a certain IQ?

Except me of course...I'm the exception...someone's needed to bring the average IQ down or with the combined genius of the KKW lot the FBI might get suss and think we're starting a cult to take over the world! Oops, have I said too much? :o

deviljet88
20-06-2004, 03:52 AM
To bad for you Jet it's going to be M15+ Mature Audiences only, so you won't be able to watch it.

If I don't watch it on the big screen, I can always get the DVD :P Stop trying to annoy me about my age, you old wrinkly bum.

Glow
20-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Ok,so "King Arthur"didn't yet at cinemas :confused: :)

deviljet88
20-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Uhm... what the hell are you trying to say???

Glow
20-06-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm so sorry :( by English isn't good

Glow
20-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Ok, I try again :)

"King Arthur"is a new film ????? :)

Sarah
20-06-2004, 01:30 PM
What is the age certificate in the UK?

Leonie
20-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Ok, I try again :)

"King Arthur"is a new film ????? :)

It most certainly is. I think King Arthur will be released somewhere in August. And don't worry about your English, I'm not a native speaker either :)

Elijahfan
20-06-2004, 03:45 PM
i think the whole age issue is bull. i saw Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind , which is rated R, with my cousin and she's 21 so she paid for both the tickets, meaning she's the guardian (cus if your not over 17 u need to be with a parent or gaurdian) and the lady at the counter tried to card me (i'm 15 by the way but look totally younger). the only need to card me would be for a NC-17 movie, neccarry (not spelled rite, early hours of morning) 17.

On the other hand my friend and her boyfriend can get into R rated movies because her boyfriend looks old enough to be her dad, it sounds gross when she said it too. they're both 15 now.

Mistikle
20-06-2004, 03:50 PM
i dont think it's come out here in australia yet... i really wanna see it...
and i've heard that it should be really good...

Glow
20-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Who play in "King Arthur " ???? :)

Flightfreak
20-06-2004, 06:13 PM
look here, at pauls site: Link (http://www.keiraweb.com/kapromo.html)

Edward
21-06-2004, 11:12 AM
15, nice

i hate going to 12 movies as there are bloody kids who just won't shut up

Newell4keira
21-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Must agree with you there, and what makes it worse is there is usually groups of them

KnightleyNews
21-06-2004, 06:04 PM
The UK/European premiere of King Arthur will be on Thursday 15th July at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square, London.

A new behind-the-scenes movie has appeared here, entitled 'Stunts':
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2483834?htv=12

And there's an interview with Jerry Bruckheimer in today's Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2004/06/21/bfjerry21.xml

Paul

Vertical Vortex
21-06-2004, 06:35 PM
The UK/European premiere of King Arthur will be on Thursday 15th July at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square, London.

A new behind-the-scenes movie has appeared here, entitled 'Stunts':
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2483834?htv=12

And there's an interview with Jerry Bruckheimer in today's Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2004/06/21/bfjerry21.xml

Paul

thx paul
really cool clip, i love that storyboard... nicely drawn. Do they sell reprints of those?

Newell4keira
21-06-2004, 09:26 PM
I havent looked, so cant you download it from anywhere at all or something?

Ashley
21-06-2004, 09:50 PM
For those in the US, I'm not sure if it's anywhere else, but if you want to get some background info on the tales of King Arthur tune into the History Channel. They've been playing some King Arthur stuff. Really interesting. I tuned in just in time to see some footage from the movie. Ioan was doing the hosting on the special. I didn't get to see all of it, but what I did saw rocked.

Louie
22-06-2004, 04:07 AM
I have been seeing a couple commercials of King Arthur every day now, and they don't even say anything about the movie anymore. All they focus on is Guinevere. I guess Keira is really well-known then....

Titooy
22-06-2004, 11:53 AM
I havent looked, so cant you download it from anywhere at all or something?
http://download.ifilm.com/qt/portal/2642783_200.mov
right click and "save link (or target) as"

KnightleyNews
22-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Some snaps from Ireland from one of the extras:
http://www.dmz.ie/%7Emikem/ka/index.html

Paul

ice crystal
22-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Bloody hell Paul... where did you get those piccys from... they are ace! :cool:

ice crystal
22-06-2004, 06:21 PM
makes me want to see it now!

Object Of Affection
22-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Coolio i work in a cinema down south and we have a massive king arthur standie which i want to take home and a huge keira knightley (king arthur) banner which i will kill any one who takes that from me AHHHH!!!

King Arthur is out July 30th we get to see it a couple of days earlier MWAHAAA..... tell you if it's any good "hope so".

But its out in America first July 7 Lucky Bastards :(

Should be a 15 rating i reckon and yes i have the same problem with little cocks trying to pass off as 15 when CEARLY there about 12 AHHHH!!

Makes Me Mad :mad:

Hazzle
22-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Bloody hell Paul... where did you get those piccys from... they are ace! :cool:

Paul is the man on the inside...what he doesn't know about the world of Knightley is not worth knowing :)

Kelsey
22-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Alright, I'm gonna be the honest bitch here and say Keira shouldn't be the main one on the poster. Should she be on the poster? Yes, but not as big as she is, and definitely not as big as the title character, and Lancelot (who has not only a much bigger role in the screenplay, but is a more integral part of this particular storyline). The fact that she is front and center on the poster seems almost rediculous to me after reading the script and the novelization.

Sorry, just my opinion.

Ashley
22-06-2004, 11:48 PM
She's the big name though. It's crap, but she'll sell it. I agree with you though Kelsey, it's not fair to have her be the center of the advertisments when she's not King Arthur.

Elijahfan
23-06-2004, 12:08 AM
i agree too but, hey they're trying to sell a movie in a very competive and crowded movie summer season. she helped sell last year and they're hopeing it works again

Kelsey
23-06-2004, 02:37 AM
I would think they would be able to sell the film just as much based only on the title of the film, the war scenes on the trailer, her name on the poster, and her face somewhere on the poster. Just my opinion. As much as I like Keira, I don't agree with all of the advertising strategies of this film. The concept should be strong enough to sell on it's own, but whatever.

Elijahfan
23-06-2004, 03:02 AM
yeah but it's a very different story from the tradition KA. everyone thinks medieval, castle, damsel in distress. they're going on a gladiator/troy theme. and she is the only big name known (in the States). A lot more people know her rather than Clive Owen. And the audience has already seem the big war battles too, in LOTR and troy. i think they really want star power to sell the movie.

Kelsey
23-06-2004, 04:07 AM
I'm just saying I don't agree, that's all. I was actually disappointed in the storyline of the film, so if this is the way they are going to make money, then great. I hope it works for them. I, personally, just don't think it's all that fair.

Elijahfan
23-06-2004, 04:12 AM
i agree..the movie business is tricky and unfair

Kelsey
23-06-2004, 04:22 AM
Wow, a whole post just for that. Glad you agree with me. Since I always have to have the last word (right Haz?) I'll just make the main point of my post to say that I am also very excited that Hugh Dancy is in this movie, because I think he is super hot, I really like his accent, and in "Ella Enchanted" his skin looked amazingly soft and perfect.

That was a total crap post, but at least I got my beloved last word :)

Elijahfan
23-06-2004, 04:31 AM
i like hugh dancy too. i think he's a really good actor. he was in daniel deronda and the main character too, on public broadcasting of course.

okay off topic i'm going to stop now. not to steal your last word though.

Kelsey
23-06-2004, 04:49 AM
I'm really not as bitchy as I'm acting right now, I promise. I'm actually a nice person, but around noon this morning my sister's beloved cat (who happens to be crippled) disappeared and as it nears closer to ten hours later, he still seems to be missing. So I'm getting a little stressed. I was going to lighten the mood by posting a picture of Hugh Dancy without his shirt on, but my AOL seems to have gone berserk, so that will have to wait.

And to keep this on topic, has anyone else read the script or the book of the upcoming movie?

KnightleyNews
23-06-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm really not as bitchy as I'm acting right now, I promise. I'm actually a nice person, but around noon this morning my sister's beloved cat (who happens to be crippled) disappeared and as it nears closer to ten hours later, he still seems to be missing. So I'm getting a little stressed. I was going to lighten the mood by posting a picture of Hugh Dancy without his shirt on, but my AOL seems to have gone berserk, so that will have to wait.

And to keep this on topic, has anyone else read the script or the book of the upcoming movie?
I haven't read the tie-in book but one of the reviews I read said it was as if the author was freeze-framing a rough cut of the movie and writing "then this happens, then Arthur says..." :)

I can't believe it could be that bad, but you never know.

By the way here's some competitions:
http://www.cinecon.com/kingarthurnyc/
http://www.murphsplace.com/owen/arthur/arthur.html
http://www.foxtel.com.au/competition/2175.html

Paul

Hazzle
23-06-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm really not as bitchy as I'm acting right now, I promise. I'm actually a nice person

Wha? That's news to me :p Just kidding! :D Please don't hurt me :eek:

but around noon this morning my sister's beloved cat (who happens to be crippled) disappeared and as it nears closer to ten hours later, he still seems to be missing. So I'm getting a little stressed.

Sorry to hear that...hope you find him soon.

I was going to lighten the mood by posting a picture of Hugh Dancy without his shirt on, but my AOL seems to have gone berserk, so that will have to wait.

God bless AOHELL. We really don't need more pictures of shirtless men...honest...it's not something people want to see...I'm sure I speak on behalf of many people...

In the spirit of trying to keep this on topic, no ;)

KnightleyNews
24-06-2004, 12:12 AM
So now we know the rating: PG-13 (see premieres thread).
So much for the 'hard R' everyone was talking about at the time of filming. After Disney's miserable performance at the box office so far this year (especially last weekend's terrible figures for Around The World In 80 Days) I think Disney must have decided to cut the gore to get bums on seats.

Paul

Renegade
24-06-2004, 02:27 AM
The TV spots and advertisements are coming along great. I'm seeing a King Arthur ad on practically every bus, billboard, and bus stop in LA. But seeing as Spiderman 2 is coming out the week previous to King Arthur here in the US, I don't think KA will fare so well at the box office. Hopefully it won't bomb and take in atleast 35-40 million.

Elijahfan
24-06-2004, 03:33 AM
So now we know the rating: PG-13 (see premieres thread).
So much for the 'hard R' everyone was talking about at the time of filming. After Disney's miserable performance at the box office so far this year (especially last weekend's terrible figures for Around The World In 80 Days) I think Disney must have decided to cut the gore to get bums on seats.

Paul

yeah i keep seeing all the trailers on tv but it says not rated yet. i hope they keep the stuff in even if it gets an R rating (though that means i cant see it). i hate it when movies to do, and it's just to get a lower rating so more people can see it for more money. that happened to troy were they cut a lot out of the film to try an get it to be PG-13, they barely showed any limbs being cut off or anything, and it still got an R rating (which i thought was funny), but they didnt put in the stuff they cut even though it still got the R.

i really hope they dont do that to KA cause they might take out some of keira's fighting. i heard that keira said that she might even of did some biting in a fight scene and i want to see that. plus i dont want to miss out on anything "warrior smurf" stuff.

Kelsey
24-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Haz...we always need more pictures of guys without their shirts on...especially when it's Hugh Dancy.

Paul...definitely agree on the book. It really wasn't all that great, which, I admit, as gotten me a little worried about the movie.

As for the rating and the cutting of the violence...darn. I have to admit I was looking forward to that.

I found my sister's cat by the way. I woke up the next morning and he was sleeping on the couch. Good times.

KnightleyNews
25-06-2004, 12:00 AM
US:
Starz will have a 14minute behind-the-scenes documentary on the movie at these times:
http://www.starz.com/se/ssp/schedule/grid_titleview.html?v=4186155&e=-1&valid_services=ALL&on_air_title=On%20The%20Set:%2092

Paul

Hazzle
25-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Haz...we always need more pictures of guys without their shirts on...especially when it's Hugh Dancy.

*Post editted for the protection of members*

:p

Well...the warning was made...not my fault if it's not heeded...I stand by it...:p

[edit: I wasn't entirely happy with the post...was a little lame :p]

I'm sure they just did it because she's the big star and could sell the movies...all films do it...it just so happens that in this case she doesn't play the main character...

Elijahfan
25-06-2004, 02:03 AM
the marketing is really weird...does anyone have more info on the premiere, possibily photos?

Hugh Dancy, shirtless??? that would be nice...i just watched the Sleeping Dictionary with him in it and he's so hot.

Hazzle
25-06-2004, 08:21 PM
the marketing is really weird...does anyone have more info on the premiere, possibily photos?

Hugh Dancy, shirtless??? that would be nice...

Haz shirtless would not...trust me...you have been warned... :p (If that doesn't make sense, blame the mod who editted the earlier post ;))

KnightleyNews
25-06-2004, 09:46 PM
From today's Variety:

Inside Move: MPAA dubs 'Arthur' PG-13
Disney vanquishes Bruckheimer's R-rated promise

By DAVE MCNARY

"King Arthur" won't be the second coming of "Gladiator" or "Troy" when it comes to carnage.
The Motion Picture Assn. of America recently rated "King Arthur" PG-13 after the studio managed to trim enough of the violence from the epic's climactic battle scenes to avoid an R.

The PG-13 rating is likely to come as a surprise to some. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer promised last year he'd deliver an R-rated pic, adding, "Audiences want to see something that's real. They don't want to cut away."

Disney spokesman Dennis Rice told Daily Variety that the move to secure a PG-13 rating fits in with the studio's push to attract a broad audience. "We've always felt it was advantageous to go for as wide an appeal as possible with a big summer film like this," he added.

Paul

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Typical bloody Disney...

Liam
26-06-2004, 12:29 PM
No violence? Fuck that. Whats the point then.

Meh. Won't be seeing it.

Edit: For Chrissake. I was joking. I got 2 random AIM messages accusing me of being a serial killer. Look, next time I'll add in lots of little smilies and shit for people with no sense of humour.

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 02:40 PM
No violence? Fuck that. Whats the point then.

Meh. Won't be seeing it.

Edit: For Chrissake. I was joking. I got 2 random AIM messages accusing me of being a serial killer. Look, next time I'll add in lots of little smilies and shit for people with no sense of humour.

Lol...people need to understand The Funneh better...I actually laughed out loud when I read that...cretins!

And yes, I find the smilies work...I tried without but people get all worked up without realising it's a joke, so the smilies point it out to those not equipped with The Funneh detection.

Ashley
01-07-2004, 02:59 AM
Read this on Yahoo!

All hail 'King Arthur'
Wed Jun 30, 6:34 AM ET
By Donna Freydkin, USA TODAY

This might be just about the most self-effacing cast to ever promote a big-budget summer blockbuster. The stars of the epic King Arthur turned out for its world premiere Monday night at the Ziegfeld Theatre, where they promptly proceeded to downplay the difficulty of an arduous six-month shoot.

"It was tough in terms of length, horses, physical stuff," said Clive Owen, who plays the noble King Arthur. "But listen, there are lot of tougher jobs than this out there."

The film, which opens July 7, dispenses with the pretty legend of King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table in favor of a grittier tale written by Gladiator scribe David Franzoni.

"It's not Camelot," said director Antoine Fuqua, who arrived with wife Lela Rochon. "This is the prequel. Every legend has a beginning, and this is the beginning of the legend."

As feisty fighter Guinevere, Keira Knightley pulled out all the stops to get in shape. "I did swordfighting, archery, a bit of boxing," she said. "I loved it."

Knightley is equally proud of the muscle tone she gained during her three-month training sessions before filming. "If I could keep it up without having to go to the gym for two hours a day, four times a week, I would, but I'm a lazy cow," she said with a laugh.

And though he may play Arthur's trusted and gutsy pal Lancelot, Ioan Gruffudd (news) (aka Horatio Hornblower in A&E's 2001 series) says that off-screen, he's "not that heroic. I would run away from any battle. Even though it was rough, I loved being on a horse all day, every day, for six months. It was exhilarating."

So was the after-party at the glorious Gothic Cathedral of St. John the Divine, where revelers were entertained by jugglers, falconers and swordfights.

Mistikle
04-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Who play in "King Arthur " ???? :)

Clive Owen plays Arthur

Loan Gruffud plays Lancelot
Hugh Dancy plays Galahad
Joel Edgerton plays Gawain
Mads Mikkensen plays Tristan
Ray Winstone plays Bors
Ray Stevenson plays Dagonet
there all arthur's nights of the round table!!

and ofcourse our lovely keira plays Guinevere!!

Mistikle
04-07-2004, 06:08 PM
i love these quotes they had in the paper about King Arthur...

Arthur: "You have your deeds, but deeds are meaningless unless they serve some higher purpose."

Lancelot: "I dont believe in heaven. I've been living too long in this hell!"

Galahad: "Imagine what a lovely quiet place the world would be if everyone had their throats slit." :eek:

Gawain: "The gifts Gods gave me, I use in battle or in bed." :rolleyes:

Tristan: "We knights are blessed in that we dont run from it. We seek it, grasp it by the throat and demand honour in our passing."

Bors: "I'm alright! Let's kill them all!!!"

Dagonet: "When this quest is done, we will be quit forever of this place."

Kelsey
07-07-2004, 12:02 AM
In Newsweek is the first review I've seen, titled "Knight of the Living Dead: This listless King Arthur even lacks a love triangle", and it's less than stellar. I'm not sure if it's online yet, but here are quotes to summarize the article:

"Somewhere inside King Arthur is a feel-good movie about virtue triumphing over evil, but you'll have to look hard to find it."

"Unfortunately, none of [the story] is very much fun. The cinematography is dark and depressing. The dialogue is stilted. And for some reason, director Antione Fuqua has even ditched the Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot love triangle."

"The movie's strong suit, if it has one, is the hyper-close-up action sequences..."

"Worst of all, almost no one smiles in King Arthur. Certainly not Owen, who Arthur sounds like Nicolas Cage at his most monotone and sports the same perfect minibeard for the entire film."

Something halfway positive about Keira:
"As a butt-kicking Guinevere, Knightley gets the movie's best line. Lancelot to Guinevere: 'There's a large number of lonely men out there.' Guinevere to Lancelot: 'Don't worry, I won't let them rape you.'"

Unfortunately, the above quote is followed directly by:
"But her dewy stare and plucky strut verge dangerously close to Winona Ryder territory."

"By the end, when Arthur becomes king and unifies Britian, it's hard to care much. Since this is a movie where the fog gets more scenes than Lancelot, it's no wonder King Arthur is all wet."

Harsh.

Mistikle
09-07-2004, 06:15 PM
this article is from E.T about keira and king arthur:

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/mini/smg2004/2004/07/01/keiraknightleykingarthuruntv/

Mistikle
10-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Keira Bulks Up!

Glamorous actress Keira Knightly had to put on some serious muscle for her starring role in the new film, King Arthur!

Keira's exercise program consisted of weightlifting, boxing, sword fighting, horseback riding, archery lessons and a 2-3 workout at the gym. The actress admitted she put on a little weight when preparing for her role as Guinevere the warrior queen in the film. "I went up a whole dress size and it was all muscle. My breasts just disappeared!"

The 19-year old actress has now stopped her intense exercise program and admits that her 'breast are back'!

King Arthur is in cinema's July 15th!

http://www.girlfriend.com.au/navitron/display.cfm?objectid=86AF0916-C8D8-4C3A-92D183E0C1300715&navid=25EC235C-B6D3-46D2-B0E256289182A89D

Guido
23-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Meh Me is A new Member ... :icon_spam

apoggy
23-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Thats all and well guido but you have proceeded to spam the forums. Read the rules, abide by them or face a temporary ban.

KnightleyNews
29-07-2004, 12:19 PM
There's full-page ads in the British press today, and Clive is back in his rightful centre place, with Keira on the left.

UK reviews so far are about as bad as the American ones !

Paul

Hazzle
29-07-2004, 11:53 PM
There's full-page ads in the British press today, and Clive is back in his rightful centre place, with Keira on the left.

UK reviews so far are about as bad as the American ones !

Paul

Yeah, spotted that from the way Movies Now dealt with it :(